What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

Starship Troopers actually says some amazing things that are fuckin spot on, oul Heinlein came out with some good shit when he wasn't being fucking mental, too bad being fucking mental was about 75% of shit he did

Saw the new Matrix today - it was actually alright. It's not great, but it's not total bollocks either. Actually I think the first ca. 40 minutes are very good, it just goes downhill a bit from there as things 'develop'.
It definitely suffers from its 'own success' - basically, it has to be an action film, so it has to look 'cooler' than the old Matrix, etc etc., so you get loads of messy action with 5000000 things happening on the screen at once and like I find that all a bit meh (it's the exact same problem most shitty Marvel films suffer from (even the great new Spiderman film has the same issue with a lot of the fights)).
Aside from the action, the new Morpheus is cool and ya know the new Agent Smith is actually really good but unfortunately you're just never gonna get better than Hugo Weaving for that shit. Keanu is Keanu, and Carrie-Anne Moss still looks fuckin class really - and actually if anything is cooler in this than in the original films.
Basically I'd say it's probably the second best Matrix film, or at the very least on a par with the Matrix 2, because I would say that 2 is far from great whereas lets face it, 3 is total fucking bollocks.

There's an amusing thing happens at the end of the film, for the credits they launch into this nu-metal kind of rock track thing, and it sounds fucking hilariously dated haha, like it would have sounded old 15 years ago fuck sake.

Saw the new Matrix today - it was actually alright. It's not great, but it's not total bollocks either. Actually I think the first ca. 40 minutes are very good, it just goes downhill a bit from there as things 'develop'.
It definitely suffers from its 'own success' - basically, it has to be an action film, so it has to look 'cooler' than the old Matrix, etc etc., so you get loads of messy action with 5000000 things happening on the screen at once and like I find that all a bit meh (it's the exact same problem most shitty Marvel films suffer from (even the great new Spiderman film has the same issue with a lot of the fights)).
Aside from the action, the new Morpheus is cool and ya know the new Agent Smith is actually really good but unfortunately you're just never gonna get better than Hugo Weaving for that shit. Keanu is Keanu, and Carrie-Anne Moss still looks fuckin class really - and actually if anything is cooler in this than in the original films.
Basically I'd say it's probably the second best Matrix film, or at the very least on a par with the Matrix 2, because I would say that 2 is far from great whereas lets face it, 3 is total fucking bollocks.

There's an amusing thing happens at the end of the film, for the credits they launch into this nu-metal kind of rock track thing, and it sounds fucking hilariously dated haha, like it would have sounded old 15 years ago fuck sake.
Brass Against covering Wake Up, the same RATM song used at the end of The Matrix.

I thought Carrie-Ann Moss was a bit wasted in it to be honest.

Starship Troopers actually says some amazing things that are fuckin spot on, oul Heinlein came out with some good shit when he wasn't being fucking mental, too bad being fucking mental was about 75% of shit he did

It's wonderfully overkill, there was one bit where they were supposed to blow up one thing, literally everything on screen exploded. Amazing.

Home Sweet Home Alone - not sure why this is getting such poor reviews. Sure some of the acting is a bit hammy in places but It’s no worse than any other kids film, and I thought it was pretty funny. The kids got a good laugh out of it anyway. It’s certainly a much nicer movie than Home Alone, that’s for sure.

No Time To Die - yeah grand a perfectly serviceable Bond movie. Thought It was a bit weird only having Ana de Armas’ character in it for such a short bit of the film. Now that I think of it, Rami Malek’s bad guy was a bit underdeveloped/underwhelming.

Ron’s Gone Wrong - only gotten about half way through this one so far, but funny enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back