What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Spiderman Home Home Home - fuckin class really, The Dafoe fucking rules forever. At last a Marvel film that is actually genuinely great and not just a load of shit hype. The thing is though, I imagine they have Into The Spiderverse to thank for being able to do this, I can't see them making a film of this quality if they hadn't already been shown it can work to just keep the ideas fairly straightforward and not insert 500000 fucking shit 'jokes' into the script. But hey the fact that they are able to use quality actors helps too, Dafoe gives an absolute masterclass and Molina is pretty much perfect too.
It also shows that what is hugely lacking in so many Marvel films is a great villain - the new spiderman films seem to have realised this at least. Allow me to point out, for instance, that Thanos is a shit villain.

Anyway it's not as good as Dune.
you're amazing

Spiderman Home Home Home - fuckin class really, The Dafoe fucking rules forever. At last a Marvel film that is actually genuinely great and not just a load of shit hype. The thing is though, I imagine they have Into The Spiderverse to thank for being able to do this, I can't see them making a film of this quality if they hadn't already been shown it can work to just keep the ideas fairly straightforward and not insert 500000 fucking shit 'jokes' into the script. But hey the fact that they are able to use quality actors helps too, Dafoe gives an absolute masterclass and Molina is pretty much perfect too.
It also shows that what is hugely lacking in so many Marvel films is a great villain - the new spiderman films seem to have realised this at least. Allow me to point out, for instance, that Thanos is a shit villain.

Anyway it's not as good as Dune.
Is Dafoe the Green Goblin again?

Holiday season and working through my digitising dvds project, so last night:

Withnail & I
Socre: 10/10

Kept telling myself I would turn it off before the return to London because it gets too sad for me, but couldn't manage it. Too good.

Last Night in Soho.
I had no idea what to expect so was pleasantly surprised once it got going. Looked great, fantastic music cool camera trickery and a genuinely good old fashioned ghost story. The twists were too predictable though and the whole last scene, three minutes or so could have been cut.
Enjoyable for all the same reasons here but

Too many cgi ghosts

Also..Click N Collect on Netflix ..fucking hilarious

House of Gucci yesterday. Surprisingly good actually, because it was quite funny in a lot of moments, it wasn't all played like some serious oscar-bait drama.
The most annoying bit in the film was when they made it to 1983 and used Blue Monday as the music for that scene.

The other day, Rio Bravo on TG4 (not that I have a TV), quality John Wayne shit basically, good show. Not a patch on Lawman though, which was on the week before. Also yesterday during the day, Show Boat – had never seen it. Extremely outdated but still. MGM knew how to schmalz shit up all the way back then.

The Forgotten Battle .. Dutch WW2 TV movie . Decent! Not great by any stretch

Just watched a movie called memory, a documentary about alien; about the actual making of it and the context it was made in, be it Greek myth, and the movies of the 50s 60s and 70s. And I'd never know before that the chestburster was based on a Francis bacon painting. Worth a watch.

Ooh never heard of this! Sounds mental! I fucking love psychedelic horror movies
I won't say a word about the plot, cos a simple spoiler would ruin the film. Some of the cgi f/x are a tad bogey. but, I'm over looking that.

Just watched a movie called memory, a documentary about alien; about the actual making of it and the context it was made in, be it Greek myth, and the movies of the 50s 60s and 70s. And I'd never know before that the chestburster was based on a Francis bacon painting. Worth a watch.

The King with Timothee Chalamet as Henry V or some shit. Pretty good. The battle scenes are extremely good. Just exhausted lads rolling around in the mud clubbing and slashing each other with anything to hand. No amazing swordplay or techniques. Brutal.

Soul. Not a fan of the humanising of concepts etc, much like Inside Out, but there's enough other great stuff in here. Didn't stop me from bawling like a child.
Jamie-from-Stoat describes Soul as "aging muso meets Tina Fey and cops the fuck on". I thought it was brilliant, though was a bit weirded out by a mainstream movie speaking so directly to my own life

The Matrix 4

Tbh to uphold tradition i downloaded it in 720 and watched it in low res to mimic watching the first one on vhs. I didn't expect a comedy, but that is kinda what i saw in it. It sets up a lot but technically nothing really happens at the same time. The old guy who keeps shouting in a theatrical way about 'franchises, merchandise' etc etc and the whole first half of it being entirely stating that they'd just not have bothered but it was either them or someone else was kinda funny. It's self aware holywood aping it's golden era - much like once upon a time in hollywood and Hail Cesear!
It is a fun movie and I might catch it in the cinema soon. The new agent smith did pretty well. Will watch it again because i think the first 20 mins of comedy might have gone over my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back