What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

I watched Star Trek Generations last night. Not sure why. It made perfect sense to me when I saw it in the cinema as a kid. Now, it's......not a great movie. It's a decent nostalgia trip, but jaysus. There's some great ideas in there that are muddled by some dodgy writing, or trying to ram too much stuff in there. Also, it didn't actually make any sense. Shatner, Stewart and McDowell doing their best to have a scrap on the side of a mountain, not much of a climax.

IFI are staying at 60% capacity for the moment. I saw Dune in the Lighthouse last night, back to full capacity there but you can prebook your seats now so you can be pretty strategic. If you leave a single empty seat between you and next person it's less likely to get booked. Plus the chairs are comfortable.

Both have a sensible crowd anyway, you won't be shushing anyone. Although my god there were some weak-bladdered men at Dune last night. Know yourselves! If beer makes you pee after an hour, don't buy a beer to go with your three hour movie!
Something's going on with Cineworld Parnell, it's like it's been cut off from Cineworld Global Inc. and left to fend for itself. The app doesn't recognise Dublin as a location, online booking is hit and miss. This has been going on for a while.

Now it has stepped up, the night before last no scanning equipment worked so everyone had to get their booking ref and queue to print out paper tickets, skeleton staff in the place and no fizzy drinks. They had bottles of still ballygowan or else alcopops.

Yeah, actually they improved the online booking system over the last month I've found, it used to be a fuckin pain in the ass to use but now it works fine.
But yeah I was there today and still they had the ticket shit going on and the soft drink things are fucked ha. I suspect it's just a managerial fuck-up though

Virgin Witch (1972)
Made in 1970 by hammer competitors Tigon. Censorship rangles delayed the release. It definitely takes the prize for the most gratuitous nudity in a 70s Brit horror. Right from the opening credits. The plot, gorgeous Vicki Michelle (the only reason to watch Allo Allo) & her equally gorgeous younger sister are offered some modelling work in an old country manner. Little do they know it's all a ploy to indoctrinate them into a witches coven. Cue loads of nudie ceremonies. Not great, but not the worst film I've seen. It's very..... watchable. Great soundtrack. It deserves a better film to accompany it.

Eternals the other day. Shite, total yawnfest. Music was pretty good though, that lad knows his shit.

The Card Counter the day before that. Very good, very fuckin bleak/grim. Want to see it in 4D so I can smell the carpets of the hotels and poker rooms

Virgin Witch (1972)
Made in 1970 by hammer competitors Tigon. Censorship rangles delayed the release. It definitely takes the prize for the most gratuitous nudity in a 70s Brit horror. Right from the opening credits. The plot, gorgeous Vicki Michelle (the only reason to watch Allo Allo) & her equally gorgeous younger sister are offered some modelling work in an old country manner. Little do they know it's all a ploy to indoctrinate them into a witches coven. Cue loads of nudie ceremonies. Not great, but not the worst film I've seen. It's very..... watchable. Great soundtrack. It deserves a better film to accompany it.
I love this movie. I even bought the soundtrack

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and just look at that poster

IMG_7309.jpeg

i watched that last daniel craig james bond. quite enjoyed it. felt it was more on par with the first two daniel craig bond movies (which i really liked) than the ones in between (which i didn't).

A Quiet Place Part 2 ..great fun
The Night Eats The World....low budget zombie yarn....defo worth a watch

i watched that last daniel craig james bond. quite enjoyed it. felt it was more on par with the first two daniel craig bond movies (which i really liked) than the ones in between (which i didn't).
I watched it last night and I can’t remember anything about the plot. Something something sad bond dead wife, bio terrorism, remi malick in a shit mask. Load of shite tbf

Train to busan presents: peninsula. South Korean zombie/ heist film. I wanted to like this, but the piss poor cgi put me right off it. Watch it if Zombie films that look like crap cgi computer games is your thing.

Censor. Bit of a slog that better as it went on.
that the british horror/video nasty throwback thing? was gonna watch that on Mubi last night but my head was turned by a movie called Babylon from 1980. Good little insight into life in Brixton for young Caribbean lads around that time. Great soundtrack

Billion dollar brain. (1967)
Sprawling, globe trotting espionage film about a mysterious organisation's plan to overthrow the government of communist Latvia. Michael Caine as Harry Lime and a great frenzied performance by Ed Begley as an obsessive, commie hating Texan general. Surprised to see it was directed by Ken Russell. Looks great. Nice soundtrack music (another thing I love about older films)
it's good, but I prefer the Ipcress file.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back