What movie did you watch last night? (28 Viewers)

The Eiger sanction (1975)
Clint Eastwood as a collage lecturer who previously worked as an international spy and fixer is convinced to do one last hit. He also climbs a mountain for some reason. It's well made, but the plot is a mess. But I'm a fan of hit 60s & 70s films in general.

The Beta Test. Black comedy thriller about a sleazy film producer who accepts an invite for no strings anonymous sex with disastrous results. I thought this was great. The writer/director/actor Jim Cummings is a serious talent. He excels at hilarious portraying dudes who are on the brink of total meltdown

Watched this tonight - thought it was very good alright.

Excited to talk. Let’s keep talking. Love the honesty.

The third one was OK but felt like a generic British comedy. Watched Shaun of the Dead a couple of weeks ago and it still holds up, I watch Hot Fuzz every few months and it’s deadly.

Hot Fuzz is great and The World's End is good when they're just going around getting smashed in shit English pubs but as soon as the alien/robot plot kicks in it goes to shite. The less said about Baby Driver the better

I watched "The little Things", a crime drama about investigating a serial murderer. Jared Leto is very good as the prime suspect. I wondered why on a number of occasions, people used telephone boxes and landlines in bars instead of mobiles. I read afterwards that it's set on the 90s. They could have done a much better job of conveying that.

The Dead don't Stay Dead, or something like that.

I'm sure on some level its absolute genius but that genius is lost on a cretin like me.

How can they throw so many great actors at something and it still be as interesting as watching paint dry?

The Dead don't Stay Dead, or something like that.

I'm sure on some level its absolute genius but that genius is lost on a cretin like me.

How can they throw so many great actors at something and it still be as interesting as watching paint dry?
It wasn’t great to say the least. I expected a lot more, especially as I really like any Jim Jarmusch films I’ve seen previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back