What gig did you go to last night? (1 Viewer)

was at the cork show last night which was also outstanding. interested to know what the reaction in the dublin crowd was to the (reported) spiel re finally getting to play cork after 32 years, which he repeated last night...gas man in fairness!
it was very generous, surprisingly. I've been at gigs in Dublin before where the mention of Cork resulted in loud booing. But when he mentioned it on sunday night there was a lot of cheering. Though in the same interlude he also requested 5 pints (actually said 'glasses') of guinness and the guitarist pretty much necked it in one go. So the cheering could partly have been for that!

Oh Sees were terrific, despite the two massive extended one note jams I could have done without. When John Dwyer leaves a jam mid song to go get some beers for the band, you know they're taking the mick a bit.

So much crowdsurfing, including one tool who tried to dive from the top balcony....

Just coming down from the Oh Sees gig as well. Awesome stuff, the drummers were unreal, the sound was spot on as well. I was glad they played a few slower ones, if only to save the young folk in the moshpit from sustaining greater injuries.

Anyone know who the lads in the support band were? The Afterwardness? I'm sure I recognised them from being in another band.

super live band. Don't think I have the energy for an Oh Sees gig anymore though, so I gave it a miss. Regret that I did now.

I stood in the auld lads section at the back and it was grand, even though it was sold out, there was plenty of room. Pure wincing at the crowd surfers being catapulted about at the front, gawdblessem

So much crowdsurfing, including one tool who tried to dive from the top balcony....

I could see the band all looking up while they were playing at one point, and then - did someone try and get a foothold on the projector? It looked like a leg was descending down from where I was standing.

Appropriately enough, it was during "I came from the mountain".

Really enjoyed it. Only got into them this year but thought they were savage, really tight. I divided my time between jumping around like an idiot at the front and relaxing down the back for the jam stuff. Also picked up a copy of Orc. Looking forward to checking that out later.

Guided By Voices, The Necks, Courtney Barnett, Malkmus, FKA Twigs, Danny Brown... Some other stuff but.. . Let me repeat... GUIDED BY VOICES

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back