What gig did you go to last night? (2 Viewers)

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Tropical Fuck Storm in Sound House (formerly The Pint). Only went because one of my mates told me about it and I felt like going out. Had heard none of their stuff and just knew two of them were in/were The Drones (who I once enjoyed live but never got with their records).

TFS were really good. Energetic, fun, compelling show. Packed house. Pretty good for a Wednesday night.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
The name intrigued me so I looked at youtube and this song is absolutely fucking brilliant

hermie

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
Tropical Fuck Storm in Sound House (formerly The Pint). Only went because one of my mates told me about it and I felt like going out. Had heard none of their stuff and just knew two of them were in/were The Drones (who I once enjoyed live but never got with their records).

TFS were really good. Energetic, fun, compelling show. Packed house. Pretty good for a Wednesday night.
Heard it was great alright. Haven't been to the Pint yet since it's been done up. Supposedly has a great sound now?

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com

I didn’t know they were playing. I too liked The Drones live but never got that into their albums. A friend also recommended TFS to me recently but living in Australia, he never told me that they were playing here.

hugh

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
The name intrigued me so I looked at youtube and this song is absolutely fucking brilliant

Stand-out song from the gig. They really are a deadly band. Guitar player is very foxy too.

Anthony

Supporter
Threads
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Pat McManus on Saturday night. I think I've seen him too many times or too many times in the same venue :-(
Also, in the last two or three times I've seen him he has changed his tone. He now plays with this dull sound with too much mid. Quite a processed tone with no bite whatsoever. We ended up leaving early and I didn't put up a fight because every note his hit was starting to bother me. I just wanted to get on the stage and give him a touch more gain and add some treble.
I've seen him where he is tearing the place down with amazing guitar but on Saturday it was like no matter how well he was playing (and he was) he wasn't getting trough.

ann post

Threads
Pat McManus on Saturday night. I think I've seen him too many times or too many times in the same venue :-(
Also, in the last two or three times I've seen him he has changed his tone. He now plays with this dull sound with too much mid. Quite a processed tone with no bite whatsoever. We ended up leaving early and I didn't put up a fight because every note his hit was starting to bother me. I just wanted to get on the stage and give him a touch more gain and add some treble.
I've seen him where he is tearing the place down with amazing guitar but on Saturday it was like no matter how well he was playing (and he was) he wasn't getting trough.
Pat McMinus?

underground

Threads
Robert Forster. Amazing show. Loved every minute of it.
was at the cork show last night which was also outstanding. interested to know what the reaction in the dublin crowd was to the (reported) spiel re finally getting to play cork after 32 years, which he repeated last night...gas man in fairness!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Lavender EP
    Ginseng Strip 2002 (Prod. Yung Gud)
    Yung Lean
    Lavender EP

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads