Wexford Festival - First details (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
Diy punk / streetpunk / crust etc festival in Wexford, name of event to be sorted.

Venue is a rural pub near Rathnure in wexford, with 2 stages, one in a large lounge in the pub and also a barn with a stage in it, bands will be on in lounge early and then we will be alternating bands on the two stages .

Saturday may 23rd - all day til very late.

Camping on site, bonfires after, 24 hour proper flushing toilets. Cans etc allowed on campsite but obviously not in the pub, late night cans will be cool in the barn once bar shuts, barn open all night though we will be having some kind of music curfew.

10 acts, some overseas, some irish, interested bands pm me and i'll send you an address to send cdrs to - theres a few of us putting this on so even though i may know what you sound like you will need to send cdr's.
we are looking to have a mix of bands both in terms of style and geography. we aim to have a quality bill.

venue is 100 percent confirmed. tickets should be around 20 euro inc camping etc. capacity is somewhere in the 350 - 400 mark.

friendly security - i.e. people you know wearing high vis vests and looking silly to keep things running smoothly.

offers of help on the day much appreaciated.

nearest bus stop in a few miles away - new ross - but will have some transport from buses sorted.

bands will be announced as they are confirmed.

very positive relations with venue so this could be a long term runner if we treat it with respect.

Conor-King of the punx!

This is just the sort of news I needed to drag me out of the post party doldrums.Respect in every aspect.

Am I wrong or does the scene just keep getting bigger and better?

Its only a matter of time before we have a coup and make OLP president.

I'm gonna lead an English naval invasion fleet over for the fest. We'll land in Wexford and Waterford, it'll be great.

Nice one Cormcolash. Someone's gotta start doing something about the drastic gender imbalance at gigs. It's the first step towards our sacred utopian anarchy.

MORE QUEENS AT GIGS FOR THE PUNX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back