Wexford Festival - First details (1 Viewer)

Now, by bringing over queens, is he addressing the issue of gender imbalance or the issue of homophobia?

At the end queens are still men, gay men, but still men.

Tres a deadly way to get to this for walkers /cyclers - follow the bank of the grand canal to athy, then theres a branch canal down to graiguenamangh and onto st mullins and new ross - st mullins only few miles form venue and the canal side walk is deadly and lots of places to camp en route

with this, drumancoo and ggi it'll be a great summer alright.

"A need for a link from the Grand Canal to the River Barrow was recognised when the Grand Canal was being developed, as the river is navigable only on the tide from the sea at New Ross to St. Mullins on Co. Carlow. Work began in 1761 at St. Mullins and by 1790 restricted navigation was possible to Athy where the navigation linked with the Grand Canal. The Barrow Navigation is 65km long, with 23 locks, and it extends from the heritage town of Athy to St. Mullins. It then links with the Grand Canal, which joins the main artery at Lowtown in County Kildare.

The Barrow is a picturesque navigation, with short canal cuts bypassing shallow stretches of water. It winds its way through a wooded valley, past small friendly villages and rural countryside. It is considered one of the most picturesque of Ireland’s waterways".

this will be great
startin us off with an all dayer to get in the festival mood, i like it

Tres a deadly way to get to this for walkers /cyclers - follow the bank of the grand canal to athy, then theres a branch canal down to graiguenamangh and onto st mullins and new ross - st mullins only few miles form venue and the canal side walk is deadly and lots of places to camp en route

with this, drumancoo and ggi it'll be a great summer alright.

"A need for a link from the Grand Canal to the River Barrow was recognised when the Grand Canal was being developed, as the river is navigable only on the tide from the sea at New Ross to St. Mullins on Co. Carlow. Work began in 1761 at St. Mullins and by 1790 restricted navigation was possible to Athy where the navigation linked with the Grand Canal. The Barrow Navigation is 65km long, with 23 locks, and it extends from the heritage town of Athy to St. Mullins. It then links with the Grand Canal, which joins the main artery at Lowtown in County Kildare.

The Barrow is a picturesque navigation, with short canal cuts bypassing shallow stretches of water. It winds its way through a wooded valley, past small friendly villages and rural countryside. It is considered one of the most picturesque of Ireland’s waterways".

Also about 22 miles into the Journey by the Canal you can pop into my parents in Kildare for some biscuits and tea, they live pretty much right beside it. I also can spot out one of the best places in the world to get an echo, seriously its epic, and the tree beside the bridge where the devil's face was said to appear!

Great stuff the grand canal, if you can ignore the endless bags of kittens :mad:. Used to be nothing worse than having a bift down by the canal when I was 15/16 and seeing someone stop their car on the bridge about 100 yards away and drop a bag into the canal, and due to being unable to swim not able to get the fuckin bag out as the kittens drown, true fucking doom. :mad:

Also about 22 miles into the Journey by the Canal you can pop into my parents in Kildare for some biscuits and tea, they live pretty much right beside it. I also can spot out one of the best places in the world to get an echo, seriously its epic, and the tree beside the bridge where the devil's face was said to appear!

Great stuff the grand canal, if you can ignore the endless bags of kittens :mad:. Used to be nothing worse than having a bift down by the canal when I was 15/16 and seeing someone stop their car on the bridge about 100 yards away and drop a bag into the canal, and due to being unable to swim not able to get the fuckin bag out as the kittens drown, true fucking doom. :mad:

I think I was at a party in your folks gaf.Am I right?

met today - going good.

So anyway, any bands who were planning on sending cds but havent got it togethar yet we re meeting again next friday evening so please post by weds at the latest - ta.

Definitely space for distros etc, would be very welcome.

Tickets etc in a while - will defo be tickets in advance as will help us book flights for overseas acts etc as well as plan numbers etc.

Some early acts confirmed

Divisions Ruin
Tunguska
Sick Joke
Only Fumes and Corpses
Black Sister / Step on it combined set
Complan
Moutpiece

7 more acts to be confirmed shortly including 3 overseas

Please note the gig is in a rural pub NOT someones land, as seems to be doing the rounds already.

Amongst other things this means you cannot turn up with a marquee and a dodgy techno /garage /dub / hip hop sound system - thanks! This is very much a diy punk fest rather than a leechrum / mantua style more mixed event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back