Weren't The Doors (1 Viewer)

LA Doors were the best of a bad lot, from England, singer had a band on the side who were signed, apparently...saw the Back Doors and they literally sounded and looked like something that came from my Back Door after a blast of Koka Noodles.*BOOM BOOM* rubbish they were.

While I find the idea of listening to a Doors albums end to end pretty scary at this point I do think that they would be well served by an hour long playlist. They had decent players who did take excessive instrumental breaks (it was the 60s, who didnt?) and a dreadful front man. But a mix with Roadhouse Blues, Break on Through, 5 to 1, Spanish Caravan, The End, Backdoor Man, Not to Touch the Earth and so on would be quite listenable.

(You could also have the flipside 5 hour unlistenable mix - All of Celebration of the Lizard, tracks from An American Prayer, extended version of Light my bloody fire...)

Any excuse to recite some of my poetry

Ode to Jim:
I really need to wiz
But I've got these pills and shots
Lined up on the bar
I know!
I'll go in my pants
Find me a woman to mistreat immediately!

I am listening to their debut album for the first time ever in my life.

It's fairly good so far. I'd probably like it more if I could turn off Ray Manzarek's right hand.

Haven't listened to them in years. I remember I used to think they had some good tunes. Might check them out again for old time's sake

I went through a period in my teens where I had every record, even the live stuff.
I had read No One Here Gets Out Alive and the brother and me were semi-obsessed with them/him. I think it was the bacchanalian, not giving a fuck attitude to his life. And he was dead. We didn't have Kurt Cobain at the time.

I almost can't imagine the situation now where I would put on a Doors record. They are fairly cringey to me.

I really liked them when I was 13. I think LA Woman still stands up to a revisit every once in a while. Great beard though and enviable hair.

I'd love to listen to LA Woman now. I like that album. Reminds me of winter for some reason. Listening to "the cars hiss by my window" (or whatever it's called), being all warm and it freezing outside. I think I have the record over there on the shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back