Weren't The Doors (1 Viewer)

been thinking about this a lot recently and was wondering was my revulsion unfair, so downloaded the back catalogue. nearly had to fuck the computer out the window after 5 minutes

"I am for a pluralistic, polymorphous culture. No hierarchy, then? Certainly there's a hierarchy. If I had to choose between The Doors and Dostoyevsky, then -- of course -- I'd choose Dostoyevsky. But do I have to choose?"

susan sontag twisting the knife

we had this thread before and chickenham pointed out that jim morrison invented the idea of the antagonistic, adversarial lead singer

or... no jim: no iggy, johnny, sid, g.g., henry, and a million others

but they were pretty crap alright

My house mate adores them. He has a big framed hippy picture of Jim Morrison over his bed and whenever he's had a few too many he gets the fucking DVDs out and put's them on and starts trying to tell us why they're amazing. As far as I can see it's just some drunk fool rambling over some solos that are about 25 minutes too long.

I think everyone goes through a brief teen phase that passes, if it stays with you, then you got problems.

Still, I cant imagine Apocalypse Now without The End

Terrible shite.

Had a housemate that would blare their shit when he came in locked. Oh how he rocked out to The Doors.

He's dead now.

I listened to them loads in my teens. Hadn't in years, but then recently watched the Oliver Stone movie again and got back into them. Some of their songs are ace. There's plenty of junk too, but on the whole I think they're great. Songs like The End, Break on through, Five to One, Love Street, Spanish Caravan, Light My Fire, Riders on The Storm, Indian Summer. Yeah fuck you guys! I hate you all and my parents! Agh!!! etc.

They had a batch of good tunes, but if you don't get into them as a young 'un, you'll probably consider them bloated, pompous shite.

I haven't listened to them in years, but i have an affection for them.

Ray Manzarek's autobiography is woeful dreck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back