Weren't The Doors (1 Viewer)

LA Doors were the best of a bad lot, from England, singer had a band on the side who were signed, apparently...saw the Back Doors and they literally sounded and looked like something that came from my Back Door after a blast of Koka Noodles.*BOOM BOOM* rubbish they were.

While I find the idea of listening to a Doors albums end to end pretty scary at this point I do think that they would be well served by an hour long playlist. They had decent players who did take excessive instrumental breaks (it was the 60s, who didnt?) and a dreadful front man. But a mix with Roadhouse Blues, Break on Through, 5 to 1, Spanish Caravan, The End, Backdoor Man, Not to Touch the Earth and so on would be quite listenable.

(You could also have the flipside 5 hour unlistenable mix - All of Celebration of the Lizard, tracks from An American Prayer, extended version of Light my bloody fire...)

Any excuse to recite some of my poetry

Ode to Jim:
I really need to wiz
But I've got these pills and shots
Lined up on the bar
I know!
I'll go in my pants
Find me a woman to mistreat immediately!

I am listening to their debut album for the first time ever in my life.

It's fairly good so far. I'd probably like it more if I could turn off Ray Manzarek's right hand.

Haven't listened to them in years. I remember I used to think they had some good tunes. Might check them out again for old time's sake

I went through a period in my teens where I had every record, even the live stuff.
I had read No One Here Gets Out Alive and the brother and me were semi-obsessed with them/him. I think it was the bacchanalian, not giving a fuck attitude to his life. And he was dead. We didn't have Kurt Cobain at the time.

I almost can't imagine the situation now where I would put on a Doors record. They are fairly cringey to me.

I really liked them when I was 13. I think LA Woman still stands up to a revisit every once in a while. Great beard though and enviable hair.

I'd love to listen to LA Woman now. I like that album. Reminds me of winter for some reason. Listening to "the cars hiss by my window" (or whatever it's called), being all warm and it freezing outside. I think I have the record over there on the shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back