Weezer! (2 Viewers)

Saw on weezer.com a load of the song titles for the new album, I don't recognise any of them from the zillion demos they posted on the web. They must be from the 2nd batch of songs after rivers chucked out all the first ones. That is good news because the demos songs weren't that great.

Maybe this is the right time to warn people that weezer only play short gigs (only 1 hour when we saw them in london) and are generally thought to be a boring live band (can't comment on this as Ian and I were hammered on Jack Daniels at the gig and going mental).

I thought they were really good live and I wasn't hammered. The end of Only in Dreams goes down as one of my best ever gig moments.

penexpers said:
I thought they were really good live and I wasn't hammered. The end of Only in Dreams goes down as one of my best ever gig moments.

man I want that.

hugh said:
Never understand why some people don't like Green. Twas the first Weezer album I bought so that might explain why I like it so much but .... it's a great album .. perfect 1234 pop-rock stuff.
Exact same with me!
I still fuckin love it, but Pinkerton has grown to be my favourite.
I only got Green, Blue and Pinkerton back recently after lending them to someone ages ago. Time spent waiting for a very late bus yesterday was sufficient for reliving Pinkertons sheer brilliance. :)

I had Blue on tape initially - used to listen to it toujours on the bus. had Live - throwing copper on the other side. havent listened to that in many many years. good times though. pinkerton was an amazing second album - so fucking great. I cant wait to see these pricks.

Hahahaha, throwing copper! Jaaaaaaaaysus that brings back memories!
'Bout three decent songs on it. Or at least three songs on it that were decent last time I listened to it...bout 5 years ago. Jesus..

I have fond memories of listening to Blue and discovering after listening to it through that half the songs were ones I'd heard years before and had always wanted to find out who'd played them.

If this isn't the best gig ever I'm gonna be seriously pissed off..

anyone hear some fucking story about rivers being caught with awfully young females (on a boat?)
anyway this gig should fucking kick, probably be swamped with kids tho'

Unicron said:
Nope but I did read a story once about him preferring having a "special massage" from a professional when on tour rather than hooking up with groupies.

nice.

A few bears in said:
hmmm apparently hes mad fond of young oriental girlies, listen to some of the lyrics on pinkerton....

Apparently that was about the receptionist in the record label in Japan, he hit it off with her, but the label wouln't let him get involved with an employee. So thereso.

And i remember the special massage thing aswell, that was class. So open. Unlike moby *cough*reportedlyoneofthelargestconsumersofhighclasshookersinNYC*cough*.

God i love gossip. Popbitch anyone?

Can anybody PLEASE shed some light on who is putting on this gig. Is it MCD or Aiken? Also any idea where? We know its a 'theatre show' but what fucking theatre?? Olympia, Ambassador, or is it going to be Vicar St?

If it is Vicar St, I think we're all seriously fucked and we'll never get a ticket. I've been checking all of these sites and weezer.com like a man on a mission (which I am) to get my hands on some tickets before those 15 year old Maladroit (only) owning shits get there before me.

Somebody fill us in!!!!

=w= .|..|

AMC said:
Can anybody PLEASE shed some light on who is putting on this gig. Is it MCD or Aiken? Also any idea where? We know its a 'theatre show' but what fucking theatre?? Olympia, Ambassador, or is it going to be Vicar St?

If it is Vicar St, I think we're all seriously fucked and we'll never get a ticket. I've been checking all of these sites and weezer.com like a man on a mission (which I am) to get my hands on some tickets before those 15 year old Maladroit (only) owning shits get there before me.

Somebody fill us in!!!!

=w= .|..|
It seems fairly hush hush at the moment.
My home page has been their tour page for ages, and theres still nothin' new there. :(

Anyone else remember checkin' the tour page constantly but only ever finding shite about some Enlightenment tour that had already happened or was I the only one?..

...:eek:

yeah the word on the street is that its Vicar St. and someone mentioned something about an aftershow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back