Weezer! (1 Viewer)

i was floored by the setlist,

they played pretty much all my favourites, tired of sex followed by in the garage, i knew it was going to be a good un.
And i was hopin against hope for Slob, Getchoo and the Good Life and they played all three.|..|

absolutely amazing gig even if they have zero stage presence

i loved this very much :)

query : is it usual for rivers to walk/move in almost slow motion and look like he is completely out of it and/or completely lost on stage?

i hope they're back soon.

i :heart: weezer

.|..|

Some photos from the show. There's another link further down the page. Man boards.ie doesn't look like a very fun place at all! I love you guys! Have I told you that before?? :D

Anthony said:
couple of nice photos though.

Yeah there is. My sister took a few on her phone last night too. I'll try get them online. Some cool ones with the large =w= in the background

Anthony said:
we were so ripped off with the cloth =w=.

Ah it was still cool to see it up there .|..|

At least they had actual amps on tour unlike the time during touring The Green Album (i think) where they just had them Line6 Pods on stage!!! That woulda been sooooo lame

i was thinkin Only In Dreams cos it woulda completed my ideal setlist and also cos it would've kept them on stage ten minutes longer

PS. We got pretty much the identikit set to Germany-Hmaburg except Slob instead of no-one else, Hamburg got Zero Maldroit, they've really shunned that one live

Dublin Set not sure of the order,but its pretty close)
Setlist:
Tired Of Sex
In The Garage
Pardon Me
Buddy Holly
Photograph
Hold Me
Getchoo
Say It Ain't So
We Are All On Drugs
Slob
Island In The Sun
My Name Is Jonas
Peace
Beverly Hills
The Good Life
Undone - The Sweater Song
---
Haunt You Every Day
Hash Pipe

I have to say that I had a smile the size of a sliced melon on my face, for the entire gig. So much better than Shepards Bush (Green album Tour) a couple of years back. If people thought Rivers was hush and Brian was a little off on Tuesday night, you should have been at that London gig, fucking hell!! INTENSE!!

Set list was deadly though. Was a little pissed they didn't play 'NO ONE ELSE' and I have to admit I hate 'SLOB' with a passion. 'JONAS' was incredible, and hearing everybody in the building screaming "The workers are going home" was a moment to say the least. Opening with 'TIRED OF SEX' and then going into 'IN THE GARAGE' couldn't have excited the hardcore =w= fans enough.

A friend of ours saw Brian Bell and his lady strolling around the park in St. Stephens Green. He thought about approaching him to say hello but declined to do so as from what he could see, Brian and his lady were having a moment.

'Getchoo' was fairly dodge with Brian singing. I did spot the strange on-stage tension between both Rivers and Brian, that everybody has mentioned. When Brian sang 'GETCHOO' Rivers just stood their motionless with a fixed stare on Brians every move. It was like he was just waiting for him to fuck up. I know at one point that Rivers used to fine other members of the band if their on-stage performance was bad. $2000 dollars for singing out of key, for fucking up a solo, or being out of tune. It was in ROLLING STONE magazine about a month ago, the one with Weezer on the cover.

On the subject of tension between the two. I also noticed that when Brian majorly fucked up the last solo in BEVERLY HILLS, Rivers gave him one hell of a "you stupid bastard" look at the end of it. With the addition of that dagger stare in his direction. So strange.

Didn't like the way they brought Mr. Roadie to play acoustic on some songs. It looked like Brian Bell was irratated by his presence right behind him. There was no need to have him on stage at all. Playing all rhythm parts along to whoever was playing the rhythm part at the time. He looked out of place, and the acoustic effect over the breezy distortion wasn't essential to their live sound.

The Subways were dreadful. Wish we could have had Tegan & Sara supporting like they have in London. How The Subways even got that support slot is beyond me. There are plenty of Irish bands that would have suited that bill better. Large Mound, The Dudleys, The Chalets, even Fred would have been fun.

The Pinkertons (=w= cover band) aftershow gig in Dorans was a great end to the night. It was class singing along to 'JAMIE' and 'Suzanne' in such a drunken state. That female drummer was great too. All of Pats fills down to a a tee. Well done to them.

All in all I had a great night anyway. Rivers is still the strangest guy in the world. But fuck can he write a great pop song.

.|..|

i had a great time and 2 things became very clear to me during the Weezer gig.

say it ain't so is possibly the coolest song ever written.

&

Budweiser is most certainly the most offensive beverage being marketed and sold on the global market.

Can anyone translate what it says on his guitar?

Probably a message from his half-japanese cello player.

DSCN2059.JPG

fucking manky. It just tastes of cold. Nothing else. Cold and it's packed full of horrible chemicals which make you feel like shihe the next day even if you've only had about 2 drinks. A hex on the makers of this piss poor excuse for alcohol.

P. Littbarski said:
Budweiser is most certainly the most offensive beverage being marketed and sold on the global market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back