Weezer! (1 Viewer)

Wow all these setlists mean the gig is going to be less than 40 minutes long. Rip-off-tastic!

I wouldn't be too pissed if it was a short set. Leaves you wanting more rather than getting sick of too much.

What time d'ya reckon would be suitable to go to this? I wanna miss the Subways preferably.

I dunno, I have a meeting at 5, which I am a bit aaaiiee about - if it goes on for more than an hour I be fucked, cos it'll take me another hour to get home, which won't leave much lying on a couch in a daze post bank holiday weekend time.

sleur said:
I wouldn't be too pissed if it was a short set. Leaves you wanting more rather than getting sick of too much.

What time d'ya reckon would be suitable to go to this? I wanna miss the Subways preferably.

“THE OTHER WAY”

Pat: That song sounds like every note is placed exactly where it’s supposed to go, like…it’s one of those songs where nothing sounds out of place, it just sounds great to me.

Rivers: I wrote that song for Jennifer Chiba after Elliott died, and I wanted to console her, but I was confused and skeptical about my own motives for wanting to do so, so I wrote that song about that.

THAT PUTS A WHOLE NEW SLANT ON THE SONG, GREAT TRACK

“PARDON ME”

Scott: It’s funny, in the studio it seemed like a lot of chord changes and when we play it live, it really takes on its own, kind of, life form which never ceases to amaze me. To me, it almost seems complicated, but then again it’s so simple and so clear and people really seem to get off on it.

Brian: I think this was a song that I fought for at Rick Rubin’s house. [laughs] ‘Wait, we forgot about this song!’ I remember running out to my car, and grabbed—we must have, 75 to 100 - not even exaggerating - CD’s of demos and B-sides—or what we consider might be B-sides, A-Lists that turn into B-Lists, B-Lists that turn into A-Lists…it gets really confusing and it’s easy to forget about things. But I made everyone listen to it, and I think 3/4ths of the way into the song it comes back around to that one moment..and everything sounds so good at Rick Rubin’s house, because he has this uber-sound-system, and it just was, like, apparent that we had to do it. And I thought it was just an unbelievably sincere message that Rivers was conveying and that - I don’t know if he knew the weight of what he was saying. It was really great.

Pat: Yeah, I love the way when I listen to that song I hear someone really being very..it just sounds like, okay, this guy has something he wants to say, I love that. It sounds very truthful.

Brian: Also, it’s a personal lyric but it’s extremely universal because, you know, it’s hard to say “I’m sorry” in any sense, it’s hard to admit fault, and I just think it’s a song for all guys that don’t know how to express themselves, so that they can at least sing that lyric to whoever they harm—their girlfriend, or whatever.

[laughter]

Pat: Yeah, like George Bush could go to North Korea and say, “I’m really sorry”

Have they been into Road yet?
From the =w= website

..MB '05 Tour: Day 26: travel to Dublin, Ireland
Today we flew from Hamburg, Germany to Ireland, where weezer set foot for the first time ever! The flight was mellow and cheerful and the moment we landed we knew it was gonna be cool, with what the locals were calling an unusually bright and sunny day goin' on, as well as a bank holiday so the mood on the streets was extra festive. Lots of walking around Dublin and sampling the food (such as the unbelievable fish n' chips at Leo Burdock's) and drink (such as: walk in any direction for 3 seconds and theres a pub), though shopping was light as most places were closing up early for the holiday. Dublin is as cool and beautiful as the hundreds of Irish fans over the years have insisted via letters and email, and everyone is breathing a collective sigh of relief that we finally made it here. Dinner (birthday dinner for Stuart the tour manager!) discussion turned to what other places have been too long neglected, and I was more than happy to rattle off "the list" to the guys! Brazil...Iceland...Central Canada...Australia...Indonesia...Mexico...Hong Kong...Malaysia...Czech Republic...Poland...New Zealand...Italy...etc!!

There's also a set list from Hamburg that is a lot longer than the one from Rock am ring... phew

amazing; we just told our son that we will be going out and that he'll have a baby sitter.
"where are you going"
"to see a band"
"who"
"we're going to see weezer"
"I want to see weezer!"
"there are no kids allowed"
"when I'm bigger I'm going to go and see weezer"

walked off singing "this is such a pity"

aw

Anthony said:
amazing; we just told our son that we will be going out and that he'll have a baby sitter.
"where are you going"
"to see a band"
"who"
"we're going to see weezer"
"I want to see weezer!"
"there are no kids allowed"
"when I'm bigger I'm going to go and see weezer"

walked off singing "this is such a pity"

aw

Just about to leave the house now to head into town to this. Gotsta pick up some stuff first. Hope everyone enjoys it .|..|

weezerMoneyShot.jpg

i hope this will be yay!

So folks, what's the verdict????

I loved it! A good solid rock show with fucking amazing tunes. No real glaring ommissions (i mean they were never gonna play ALL the Blue album and Pinkerton, were they?). I totally dug it. The crowd surfing at the end was fucking savage. Two poor feckers laded on their backs in front of me. Brian and Rivers had an "are those guys still alive?" look on their faces watching it.

Who was that mad bastard on the stage when they were taking the stuff down. He seemed to have a pass of some sort but he went over to one of the flight cases and gor reefed out of it by security. Crazy bastid!

Roll on Fantomas and Wolf Eyes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back