Water Charges (1 Viewer)

So...if I am walking down this street I need to cross over to the other side of the road ..

or face legal consequences?

10991565_903311556356346_254942103462281990_o.jpg

Does "persons having knowledge of this order" refer to people who have been served with an injunction?

Colleague in work claims the Vote No To Show The Gubbermint faction is gaining traction on social media. Is there anything in it? Sounds like a way of marginalising and delegitimising all protesters.

I think our natural cowardice and deference to authority will mean most people will pay

Right

And continuing to frame the protesters as scumbags and lunatics means that 'regular' people will want to dissociate themselves from that group.
Hopefully something will come from the next election though.

For the lazy, yes.
I have literally hundreds of FB photos from friends and family at protests, and they are all smiles on all and sundry.

Well, the larger protests are generally peaceful affairs, it's the blocking of workers (mixed with talk of assaults and threats) and general stopping of people going about their business that makes it that much handier to say - these people are crazy.
The government climbing in the polls makes it seem that, although people may not agree with the 'crazy protestor' narrative, they are accepting of the need for charges. I think if the government pledged to keep Irish Water as a public concern and guaranteed increases only in line with inflation they could effectively end the battle overnight.

Well, the larger protests are generally peaceful affairs, it's the blocking of workers (mixed with talk of assaults and threats) and general stopping of people going about their business that makes it that much handier to say - these people are crazy.
The government climbing in the polls makes it seem that, although people may not agree with the 'crazy protestor' narrative, they are accepting of the need for charges. I think if the government pledged to keep Irish Water as a public concern and guaranteed increases only in line with inflation they could effectively end the battle overnight.

I think the poll numbers are to do with the general/small improvement in jobs and peoples pay packets.
That is all the majority votes on at the end of the day.

Every time he says something intelligent someone comes along to mention his connections to Enron

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back