Water Charges (3 Viewers)

He's usually good, sharp as a whip.
But he has a bit of Kenny about him, weak on the light entertainment aspect.
He's very strong on Irish matters, from politics to the GAA.

But you know all this already.

He's a newsman really isn't he? Seemed an odd move for RTE to move him to something a bit fluffier

He's usually good, sharp as a whip.
But he has a bit of Kenny about him, weak on the light entertainment aspect.
He's very strong on Irish matters, from politics to the GAA.

But you know all this already.

The GAA is one thing that gets to me about him, come the time of year he references everything to the GAA and elevates it to some God-like position or at least as God-like as a sport can be. Yeah, its generally a good thing but come on, we do have other national reference points.

Anyway, I'm going seriously off topic, I'm gonna go look at that Derelict Pubs thread I see in the side bar.

Don't pay your water charges.

He's a newsman really isn't he? Seemed an odd move for RTE to move him to something a bit fluffier

He's current affairs, yeah. Had the one o'clock slot for forever.
Sharp as fuck.
He has a warm, audience friendly side, but he doesn't have it in buckets like say John Creedon or John Murray.
What you're gonna get with him is a well-researched show and a strong interviewer.

Or that's what I've found.

He's current affairs, yeah. Had the one o'clock slot for forever.
Sharp as fuck.
He has a warm, audience friendly side, but he doesn't have it in buckets like say John Creedon or John Murray.
What you're gonna get with him is a well-researched show and a strong interviewer.

Or that's what I've found.

I don't like John Murray

I like this from the link:

Myth 3 – It’s now the law, I have to sign up with Irish Water.

No, you don’t. You are under no legal obligation to enter into a Treaty with ANY private company against your will. This is the nub of the issue. There is nothing in either the 2007 or 2013 act to COMPEL a private citizen to sign up to Irish Water. Even if there was, it with would run contrary to the Constitution, Irish Consumer Law, and European Law, and would therefore be completely unenforceable (illegal).

Regardless of what laws the Government pass, you are still a free citizen with Constitutional Rights (to Property, Privacy, and Protest). They cannot pass ANY law that will limit, or remove these rights from you. They only way the could do this is by holding a referendum.

Again, your consent is required for the scam to work.
It is not like the Property Tax that was administered by the Office of the Revenue Commissioners. Irish Water are a Private Limited company and have no authority to dip into your finances without your consent.

Householders with a suspected water leak are reported to be facing a minimum call-out charge of €188 from Irish Water.

The Sunday Times reports that this fee covers any problem detected after the first fix, which will be free.

The company has also sought permission to charge a minimum call-out fee for working out of office hours of €282 for the first hour and €141 for any additional hour.

It is also believed to be seeking approval from the Commission for Energy Regulation to introduce a range of other charges - including a €220 fee to test water pressure, and a €17 fee for a special meter reading.

Irish Water call-out charge plans revealed | Irish Examiner

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back