Venue Design (1 Viewer)

Dixer said:
To take this a bit further, anybody have experience of dual purpose performance sites? Places that might operate as a cafe by day with gig space by night? I've known a few places like this in germany and the US. Any alternate reports and what sort of secondary function might it have had?
Buiochas aris.
D.
the cafe in giro's sometimes functioned as a venue when they didn't think there'd be enough crowd to fill the main venue. by all accounts it was deadly.

Dixer said:
To take this a bit further, anybody have experience of dual purpose performance sites? Places that might operate as a cafe by day with gig space by night? I've known a few places like this in germany and the US. Any alternate reports and what sort of secondary function might it have had?
Buiochas aris.
D.

There's a nightclub in Barcelona that is a supermarket during the day.

egg_ said:
What is the story with groping chicks?

Maybe its just me, but I've never been groped by a chick at a gig. I imagine it must be kind of annoying all right.

yeah I think it's coded at the genetic level, the basic biological need to spread the seed. So some men must think that if they spread their hands a lot, it will lead to the eventual disemmination of their wiggly fellas into at least one of the ladies they try it on with.

So in that regard, ah shure we can hardly blame them.

egg_ said:
What is the story with groping chicks? Do fellas think they're going to someday touch someone in the right spot and get a ride out of it?

Dexta fact of the day: I've never been groped at a gig. Not even when crowd-surfing. And I'm one of the littlest people in the world.

did I mention that when I had long hair I got my butt patted by an old man who obviously thought i was a lady.

i felt shocked, angry, sexy, violated and liberated.

ramps said:
i get random people brushing by me at gigs and putting their hands inside my trousers. not that im complaining mind.

the bearded lady used to always make a point of groping me if he passed me in a bar or at a gig
mad for the groping so he was

being shorter is much better for clothes..
no wait..
it would be if you lived in London

Super Dexta said:
Dexta fact of the day: I've never been groped at a gig. Not even when crowd-surfing. And I'm one of the littlest people in the world.
I was going to make a joke about maybe you look like a man, but you don't so i won't.

broken arm said:
did I mention that when I had long hair I got my butt patted by an old man who obviously thought i was a lady.
When me and Niamh lived in Coventry some guy tried to pick us up one night in his fancy sports car while we were waiting for a bus (I've had long hair 4evah) - drove up and said "Do you want a lift?", when I said "where are you going?" he said "ah no it's alright" and drove off
Up until then I didn't really believe that someone would do that sort of thing

its a sleeping tablet/sedative. also a benzodiazapine. generic name flunitrazapam. doctors where i work rarely prescribe it.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
What is rohipnol actually for?

My sister's a pharmacist aswell (presuming that's what you are), i dunno how you medical people remember those names. Christ, i often forget the address of my flat or the names of my toes. *cough*

im a psychiatric nurse, learning drug names just comes with experience. it also helps to be really anal.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
My sister's a pharmacist aswell (presuming that's what you are), i dunno how you medical people remember those names. Christ, i often forget the address of my flat or the names of my toes. *cough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back