Veggie/Vegan Punks where do you stand on abortion? (2 Viewers)

True but I have never - over the course of 2 referenda which I am old enough to remember and the countless debates like this one - heard a pro choice person say "yes the fetus is a living thing and a new person, however I still think abortion is OK".

That's because it muddies the waters, and brings in an emotional side to the arguement: "oh the poor little baby".

What your asking is that pro-choice people engage with a debate framed in the terms of:
The rights of the selfish mother to govern the direction of her own life,
versus,
The rights of the innocent unborn child to govern the direction of its mothers life.

This debate is actually, literally IMPOSSIBLE to engage in without highly emotive and manipulative wording, jargon, language being employed.

That's because it muddies the waters, and brings in an emotional side to the arguement: "oh the poor little baby".

What your asking is that pro-choice people engage with a debate framed in the terms of:
The rights of the selfish mother to govern the direction of her own life,
versus,
The rights of the innocent unborn child to govern the direction of its mothers life.

This debate is actually, literally IMPOSSIBLE to engage in without highly emotive and manipulative wording, jargon, language being employed.

I agree with you there but there is no point dodging it no matter how unplesant. There nothing to be gained by skirting the central issue.

And I think one of the reason the debate is generally so unpleasant is because neither side thinks the other is genuinely engaging with them.

I agree with you there but there is no point dodging it no matter how unplesant. There nothing to be gained by skirting the central issue.

And I think one of the reason the debate is generally so unpleasant is because neither side thinks the other is genuinely engaging with them.

Of course! Each side is never gonna be converted by the other!!
Having said that the topic title was not just about Abortion but Vegans/Veggies and abortion!

Or you could just sit on your own and have an intellectual wank-off with a wry grin on your face whilst congratulating yoursef on your crisply ironed mind and vaguely subversive, yet completely vacuous wit...oh wait...
people on the internet have such bad manners

not at all, you're good at this

maybe i should've said "father-dougal-esque hive-mind punks baffled by logical argument"

in my ongoing attempts to summarise threads for my own amusement, that is
great, another general forum life theorist ready to explain to 'the punks' what their thought processes are.
shouldn't you be listening to shit music or shopping for vintage cardigans or something?

But it's a life.....
So I see you getting mugged/raped down a laneway...I just mind my own business and carry on walking??
yeah you probably would. people do it every day. how many lives have you saved this year then?
speaking of saving people from violent deaths at the hands of others, how does your drink-driving fit into this?

yeah you probably would. people do it every day. how many lives have you saved this year then?
speaking of saving people from violent deaths at the hands of others, how does your drink-driving fit into this?
Now ur just being silly. :rolleyes:

No Nooly by saying I wouldn't rescue a damsel in distress and it's interesting where you use some of the drink driving thread....you left out the follow up where I said I had to stop because of various reasons !......

Anyway drinking with a few pints should be ok and I have killed no-one unlike you who if u did get preggers would abort :)

Your just a very young angry feminist gal after all!

But the 'central issue' for you is not necessarily the same as that of a person who is pro-choice. So for you to be able to genuinely engage with the other side, you have to be willing to accept that first.

great, another general forum life theorist ready to explain to 'the punks' what their thought processes are.
shouldn't you be listening to shit music or shopping for vintage cardigans or something?

ha fantastic - i've given you some hand-made knitted second-hand rep for that

sorry for indie-ing up the place, boy is my face red!

free the weed!

sorry wrong thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back