Vegetarians 'Avoid More Cancers" (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 184
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 4
But humans are 100% natural. Well except some who have artificial limbs and that of course.

Racist

stephen-hawking-ill.jpg

But say we were all veggie, that would mean intensive farming would be cut down to an extent, as we'd be just using cows for milk and hens for eggs etc, so less animals would be born, no? Just going from the point of view that there is lots of intensive breeding of animals to provide meat etc.
milk production requires calf production - animals must be artifically inseminated and impregnated to produce milk. it's obvious if you think about it: lactation requires the existence of an infant. a mother produces milk for her offspring. this is why cows are repeatedly artificially impregnated. the mainstream dairy industry is deeply fucked. however, milk is very tasty. what a conundrum.

PS: this is why people who are veggies but not vegan are full of shit. the atrocities of the meat industry are present 10-fold in the dairy industry. being a vegetarian is pathetic, be vegan or don't even bother.

PS: this is why people who are veggies but not vegan are full of shit. the atrocities of the meat industry are present 10-fold in the dairy industry. being a vegetarian is pathetic, be vegan or don't even bother.

morally speaking, sure. But it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

actually yes it does but it shouldn't

That's just the gin talking

Nooly, I'm not a vegetarian or whatever, but common sense would suggest that, as part of the ecosystem and as a product of natural selection, humans have also evolved complex brains which have endowed us with a sense of responsibility, a completely natural regard for life and a particular concern for those most closely related to us - animals, and in particular, furry ones with big eyes. In other words, trying to stop a panda from becoming extinct is a natural concern. Trying to save the world and ourselves is a natural concern. Trying to stem or divert the march of progress - whether that be the meat industry or whatever - so that humanity is happier, is a natural concern. Trying to do what you can, even if that's misdirected (and I'm not suggesting it is), whether that be not eating foie gras or going full vegan is a positive step if only that it makes other people think that maybe they should do the same.

i don't really see what your point is....
it seems like the whole thing is based on misconceptions and half-assed liberal guilt and doesn't actually achieve anything - how is that useful?
vegetarianism is a classic pressure release valve, while we determinedly grind everything to shit with our real day to day actions. tokenistic lifestyle changes don't help anything.

milk production requires calf production - animals must be artifically inseminated and impregnated to produce milk. it's obvious if you think about it: lactation requires the existence of an infant. a mother produces milk for her offspring. this is why cows are repeatedly artificially impregnated. the mainstream dairy industry is deeply fucked. however, milk is very tasty. what a conundrum.

I know all that - and of course I know that if you want to really remove yourself from the 'animal-consuming food chain' you would have to go vegan. But as we all know, people have very very strong opinions on eating meat and some people see it as a 'badge' of 'humanness'/maleness etc and that as humans we need to be carnivores.
Whereas others believe that we do not need to consume animal products to survive. It's unrealistic to expect everybody to become vegan, it's more realistic to encourage people to cut down on their meat intake.

i don't really see what your point is....
it seems like the whole thing is based on misconceptions and half-assed liberal guilt and doesn't actually achieve anything - how is that useful?
vegetarianism is a classic pressure release valve, while we determinedly grind everything to shit with our real day to day actions. tokenistic lifestyle changes don't help anything.

Whatever, go have some rashers or something.

the obvious point is that the amount of cattle etc. in existence don't represent a natural development - they've been highly over-bred for the purpose of consumption. as it is they're a breeding ground for disease, a huge source of harmful waste, and existing in unsustainable conditions. why would anybody want to maintain that state?
I couldn't possibly disagree with any of that. That's not what I'm saying though.

I know the current way is seriously flawed. That's why it needs to be changed drastically. Not by entirely cutting out meat though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back