Vegetarians 'Avoid More Cancers" (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 184
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 4
Seeing as we've strayed into the realms of fantasy....
Well some vegetarians hope that a day will come when our omnivorismness will be looked back as a dark era in our history like slavery for example (not to say that slavery has disappeared but the lave trade in the western world,as it was, has). Things change. Also with diminishing resources, it's not impossible that eating meat will become prohibitively expensive. Couple that with a health scare (supposing there is truth in the premise of this thread, which I doubt) and you might see the end of the meat trade.

Or maybe not.

then we'll have a lion and tiger population explosion and they'll eat our babies and the feeble

.....so win-win?

Well we could start hunting and eating lions and tigers, thereby absorbing their strength and sexual prowess as well as having a tasty meal

mm tiger

p.s fuck the feeble

we could get the boffins to genetically engineer cows and sheep to allow for human cross breeding, the benefit here is two fold: we get to fuck animals, and these creatures, or "huminals" get to survive.

The cows and sheep will overpopulate themselves, and the enormously stringent competition dynamics that result from this sharp increase in numbers, coupled with the dramatic drop in vegetable food supplies for them will cause them to rapidly evolve into sinewy, carnivorous meat eaters. They will roam the globe, hunting for the feeble and weak, feasting on their flesh and howling with gratuitous pleasure and rabid, sadistic glee over the semi-living, wriggling bodies of the slain, syrupy blood dripping from their jowls, the burning moon reflecting in their tumescent, yellow eyes. MOOOOO! BAAAAA! they will bellow.

The vegetarians will be the first to fall. Oh, cruel irony.

But say we were all veggie, that would mean intensive farming would be cut down to an extent, as we'd be just using cows for milk and hens for eggs etc, so less animals would be born, no? Just going from the point of view that there is lots of intensive breeding of animals to provide meat etc.

There would still need to be constant breeding for cows to continue producing milk, so what will happen to all the male calves when they're born? If you want milk people will still be getting their shteaks, yeah?

meat provides a vast array of nutrients (most significantly B-vitamins which strongly influence general health) which keep our vital organs working properly, we have eaten meat for thousands of years and it keeps us functioning, the end.
jesus.

But say we were all veggie, that would mean intensive farming would be cut down to an extent, as we'd be just using cows for milk and hens for eggs etc, so less animals would be born, no? Just going from the point of view that there is lots of intensive breeding of animals to provide meat etc.
As it stands, hens grown for eggs are more cruelly treated then hens grown for meat (obviously free range and organic are different again). If we just reared animals for their dairy, it would certainly cut down on intensive farming, which would be desirable. But what about pigs? Will we let them go extinct?

I personally don't see anything immoral about humanely raising animals, giving them a good life and then killing them for food.

I know that that's not happening now and will not be feasible until we greatly reduce the amount of meat we consume. Which will have huge health benefits anyway, since we eat more meat than is good for us. The environmental impact of greatly reduced meat consumption would be enormous too.

I see this as a much more realistic/desirable solution than the everyone goes vegetarian one.

As it stands, hens grown for eggs are more cruelly treated then hens grown for meat (obviously free range and organic are different again). If we just reared animals for their dairy, it would certainly cut down on intensive farming, which would be desirable. But what about pigs? Will we let them go extinct?
i'm completely baffled by this extinction 'issue'. species go extinct all the time. why would it be an issue if a species with no purpose but to provide food became extinct?

i'm completely baffled by this extinction 'issue'. species go extinct all the time. why would it be an issue if a species with no purpose but to provide food became extinct?
If that's your attitude, why is it an issue when any species become extinct. What are animals but food for other animals?

meat provides a vast array of nutrients (most significantly B-vitamins which strongly influence general health) which keep our vital organs working properly, we have eaten meat for thousands of years and it keeps us functioning, the end.
jesus.

PERFECT-VITAMIN-B-12.jpg

it's vegan. it's 2500% of your RDA per tablet. it's a few euros in Holland and Barrett. the end.
jesus.

PERFECT-VITAMIN-B-12.jpg

it's vegan. it's 2500% of your RDA per tablet. it's a few euros in Holland and Barrett. the end.
jesus.

why the fuck would anyone need 2500% of your RDA? your body can only use 100% the rest is waste, and i'm pretty sure it can't be all that good for you.

jesus.
A few euro is fine for us middle class types. What about people in sub Saharan Africa, south America, India etc who live on less than a dollar a day? I don't think vitamin supplements are a sustainable solution.

If that's your attitude, why is it an issue when any species become extinct. What are animals but food for other animals?

i can't figure out if you are serious/joking about this extinction issue.

what is serious is how our standardised diet and the cost driven industrialisation of food has made many species extinct or many breeds of animals extinct/rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back