Vegetarians 'Avoid More Cancers" (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 184
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 4
meat provides a vast array of nutrients (most significantly B-vitamins which strongly influence general health) which keep our vital organs working properly, we have eaten meat for thousands of years and it keeps us functioning, the end.
jesus.

yeah but our life in the past 50 years isn't really that similar to how it was for the thousands of years before that.

whether this means we should stop eating meat or not I don't know.

i can't figure out if you are serious/joking about this extinction issue.

what is serious is how our standardised diet and the cost driven industrialisation of food has made many species extinct or many breeds of animals extinct/rare.
I was being flippant. Nooly said that she didn't think it would be significant if a few animals went extinct if we stopped eating them, after all they serve no purpose other than to feed us. If that's her attitude, I flippantly put it, the same logic could be applied to all creatures. They all provide food for each other, and aren't much "use" for anything else.

I was being flippant. Nooly said that she didn't think it would be significant if a few animals went extinct if we stopped eating them, after all they serve no purpose other than to feed us. If that's her attitude, I flippantly put it, the same logic could be applied to all creatures. They all provide food for each other, and aren't much "use" for anything else.

fair enough..

as far as I see it... it is speculation to suggest an increase in vegetarianism will cause extinction

whereas it is fact, scientific, pure as snow fact that a meat based diet has caused and continues to cause extinction or animal and plant species. the reason why big organisations like the UN are talking about it now is that we are now at a point in time that the meat based diet may adversly affect human population thorugh its siginificant contribution to climate change, obesity and now cancer.

whereas it is fact, scientific, pure as snow fact that a meat based diet has caused and continues to cause extinction or animal and plant species. the reason why big organisations like the UN are talking about it now is that we are now at a point in time that the meat based diet may adversly affect human population thorugh its siginificant contribution to climate change, obesity and now cancer.
Over consumption of meat causes all of those things. I wouldn't argue for a second that the amount of meat we consume is healthy for us, for the animals we eat or the environment at large.

I would say all three could benefit from moderate meat consumption though.

PERFECT-VITAMIN-B-12.jpg

it's vegan. it's 2500% of your RDA per tablet. it's a few euros in Holland and Barrett. the end.
jesus.
doesn't work. duh.

that's reality. until we criminalise evolution.

i thought the knee-jerk response to the idea of extinction was gone by now...extinction is natural and commonplace.

i thought the knee-jerk response to the idea of extinction was gone by now...extinction is natural and commonplace.
I think a lot of people would disagree with you there. You're right, species do go extinct all the time and it's just nature taking its course.

But if species are going extinct because of human activity, it could hardly be considered a natural process.

I think a lot of people would disagree with you there. You're right, species do go extinct all the time and it's just nature taking its course.

But if species are going extinct because of human activity, it could hardly be considered a natural process.

But humans are 100% natural. Well except some who have artificial limbs and that of course.

Nah, we are natural but that doesn't make everything we make/do natural. Human activity leading to extinction can be a totally natural process.

humans are part of the ecosystem too. the idea that humans are causing extinction because we've become unnatural is false (although obviously true at the same time, on the scale we now affect things). for example when the maori settled in new zealand they drastically altered the ecosystem, with extinction of a lot of species (including the BIGGEST EAGLE EVER). fucking things up: it's what we've been doing since time began!

doesn't work. duh.
http://women.emedtv.com/vitamin-b12/vitamin-b12-benefits-p2.html

In food, vitamin B12 is bound to protein and is released by stomach acid. Then it binds to a substance known as intrinsic factor (which is produced in the stomach) and is absorbed into the bloodstream through the small intestine. Any problems in either of these steps can result in a deficiency.

To overcome such problems in absorption, vitamin B12 injections (or, more recently, nasal sprays) are often used. Although it was once thought that injections were the only way to treat vitamin B12 deficiencies due to low or absent intrinsic factor, it is now known that oral forms can be just as effective, although much higher doses are required. Small amounts of vitamin B12 can be absorbed after oral consumption, even without any intrinsic factor.

DEOS WURK DUH

the obvious point is that the amount of cattle etc. in existence don't represent a natural development - they've been highly over-bred for the purpose of consumption. as it is they're a breeding ground for disease, a huge source of harmful waste, and existing in unsustainable conditions. why would anybody want to maintain that state?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back