Van Insurance (1 Viewer)

Willie Willions

Since 2000
Van drivers - what insurance do yis have? I'm trying to get insured on my van with a provisional license.
Insure.ie won't give me a quote so I have to just get a quote from individual companies...
Or are there any insurance brokers that give quotes on commercial insurance? Help me please!

its gonna be hard to find anyone to insure u on a provisional, try insuring one of your folks and getting on as a named driver...

or wait till u get ur full license

Van drivers - what insurance do yis have? I'm trying to get insured on my van with a provisional license.
Insure.ie won't give me a quote so I have to just get a quote from individual companies...
Or are there any insurance brokers that give quotes on commercial insurance? Help me please!

Quinn Direct were the only company that would insure me on the van when i started. Same as you, first time driver with provisional license.

My first year was 1800 euro (merc vito 2.2 litre diesel with 3 seats)
Commercial vehicle insurance for use going to & from work (buildings) carrying my tools in the back.

My second year was 1200e (with full license)

My third year (this year) i left them as when i got the new van which had a crew cab they wanted 2500 euro (i lost my no claims bonus as i had an accident in Wales whilst on tour with Hooray for humans last march)

I went to a broker in Galway. Found it quiet difficult to get a decent quote as i'd had an accident but finally got it through the broker with Zurich. 1200e for the year for 2.5 litre Renault Master (7 seats) Its down as a builder van again btw.

Quinn Direct are probably yer only hope Eoin. Hope this helps.

Yeah, Quinn direct are 1700, was looking to see if there's anything cheaper than that,
guess I'll probably go with them then! Cheers bosses.

has anyone had a van that wasnt registered for construction??? i've been debating about getting one for a while, but the insurance seems quite steep from whats on here. i was thinking of occasional domestic use. any experience??

Occasional domestic use would cause huge insurance costs due to the size of most diesel engines. smallest size on a van would be 1.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back