US Presidential Elections 2008 (1 Viewer)

they fluffed the oath.

the oath was pretty handy wasn't it?

Do you wanna be President?
Yeah.
Nice one. Sound.

I got a harder time off the local priest about becoming Godfather to my mates child.

Presumably he wanted to trip me up, hoping he could be in with a chance himself. These kiddies aren't just going to fiddle themselves are they.

Ah jaysus.
No need for that.

the feed I was watching did a few cuts to Bush sitting in the crowd, at the points in the speech when Obama was saying we're going to give torturing people a bit of a rest, and that the last presidency has been an abject failure.

Fairly amusing to see Bush's face for those moments.
They might as well have had a caption beneath him reading "Douchebag".

the feed I was watching did a few cuts to Bush sitting in the crowd, at the points in the speech when Obama was saying we're going to give torturing people a bit of a rest, and that the last presidency has been an abject failure.

Fairly amusing to see Bush's face for those moments.
They might as well have had a caption beneath him reading "Douchebag".

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals. "

At this, I think the cameraman just looked at Bush involuntarily like everyone else.

u8UGxloitiybk92xhoO9tJnGo1_500.jpg

Rahm is a bit of a douch.

Rahm Emanuel is an animal.

I've never seen anyone more alpha male than that guy.
I watched him "play nice" inasmuch as he capable with Charlie Rose. (Charlie Rose is a heavy weight former lawyer interviewer on the US's free TV network. He's a good guy.)
At the end of the interview, and really Rahm was just having a nice chat with him, Charlie Rose was older. He was slumped in his seat, exhausted.

I dont know if this RE is a nice guy or not, but that's not really the point I think.

It looks like RE is a guy that generally gets his way, and is not someone you want against you.
Obama's people are an unruly bunch. If anyone can keep that team whipped into line, its Rahm Emanuel.

Solid speech.
What was really smart was that he never mentioned 9/11, the word terror was only used once and terrorist not at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back