US Presidential Elections 2008 (3 Viewers)

sky news last night was so lame - the best they could do as far as commentators went in miami was

irvine welsch
a barman
some australian backpacker

hahaha!!!

i was glued to the Silver Fox on CNN

some great cartoons here:

stephff.jpg

from both sides

lester.jpg

garymccoy.jpg

Ralph Nader on Fox last night..."hope he's an Uncle Sam to the country rather than an Uncle Tom to the corporations".
ooh err. noble sentiment, unfortunate choice of words.
fun fact: the original uncle sam was a meat-packer from massachussetts. here's hoping obama delivers the meat to america's people.

I wonder how long it will take for the euphoria to wear off and the healthy cynicism to kick in?
For now, I'm very happy with this result. I mean even if Obama turns out to be the Anti-Christ, the fact that Americans rejected McCain-Palin and that so many of them turned out to do so is uplifting.

I wonder how long it will take for the euphoria to wear off and the healthy cynicism to kick in?
For now, I'm very happy with this result. I mean even if Obama turns out to be the Anti-Christ, the fact that Americans rejected McCain-Palin and that so many of them turned out to do so is uplifting.
yeah but McCain turned out to be really cool though
uh oh

Yeah his speech was cool. We all new that he was a nice fella underneath it all, but fuck him.
Seriously, fuck him and fuck that Palin bitch, fuck Fox news and FUCK that END OF TIMES bullshit that McCain went along with for so long.

Al Franken has lost by 601 votes out of a turnout of 2.9 million. Alleged voting irregularities so Franken demanding a recount. I really hope he gets in. There's nowhere near enough intentional humuor in politics.

Just how stupid was the GOP for nominating her? Very short sighted.

Ole Conspiracy-Theory-Milker wonders if there is ever a set of circumstance under which a party in power would rather go into opposition...say when they've screwed the economy for all they could get and theres nothing but pain and grief and 'real' decision making to be had....i mean, maybe they wanted to lose...they picked her, right? they're not stupid..just sit back and hurl abuse at the Dems as they look like the bad guys trying to put several Humptys together again.

Ole Conspiracy-Theory-Milker wonders if there is ever a set of circumstance under which a party in power would rather go into opposition...say when they've screwed the economy for all they could get and theres nothing but pain and grief and 'real' decision making to be had....i mean, maybe they wanted to lose...they picked her, right? they're not stupid..just sit back and hurl abuse at the Dems as they look like the bad guys trying to put several Humptys together again.

Every party wants to be in power.

Put down the bong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back