[UPDATED] ATLAS SOUND (Bradford Cox - Deerhunter) support ANIMAL COLLECTIVE (1 Viewer)

Was good. New stuff was great. Very loud. Lights were bright. Material Things, or whatever it's called now, was the standout track for me. Clapping was hard to time.

This gig was fucking fantastic!!!!!!! Worth standing outside from 8 or so! I can kinda see why people are pissed about it but to be honest there were no sinister intentions going on at all. In fact the whole thing proved to me that there are people out there who are passionate about playing, listening to, and putting on music and gigs. I mean any other band would have stayed in England after missing the ferry (they're in scotland tonight so I'm sure it would have been easier for them) but these lads were determined to play here last night for us. Their bus broke down on the way to the ferry, then again when they got off. They set all their equipment up in lightning time (especially considering the amount of it), then played as full of enthusiasm as i've ever seen. The determination to get through that proves to me that they're some of the goods guys along with the Foggy dudes and the Whelans staff. The whole atmosphere for me was brilliant! Even the chips being handed out was a nice gesture to those who'd been waiting in the cold.

Those who are giving out are just sore that they weren't there, and to be honest, i probably would be too, but see this for what it was and don't be hating on folks just because you're jealous

Fair fucks to the Animal Collective guys, Foggy Notions, Whelans, and anyone else involved. Honourable mention goes to Al for handing out chips.

rambling rant over

oops the only downer about this gig was the obnoxious drunken yank who skipped the queue and spent the whole of Atlas Sound gigving out, calling him Enya and asking how his I-Pod was. What a CUNT!!! Seriously one of the most ignorant smackable pricks i've ever seen at a gig. may a vile full of the bad aids fall in his mouth so the world can be spared another dumb fuck.

second rant over. back to the good vibes. except you scutter, you can keep on hating. democracy and all that. man i need sleep

Also anyone noticed this before? Panda Bear?
mtvAC_news.jpg

A young Paul Merton lookalikie?

Paul_Merton.png

EDIT: Yeah, it's a bad picture, but he was a dead ringer at 1.15 last night.

I think the fact that we know on good authority that the band's tourbus broke down twice negates many of the earlier comments made here. What Animal Collective did last night was definitely a concerted attempt to put a show on for the Irish fans, , because of Avey's vocal problems last time, in spite of the forces that be being against them. They were late arriving at the venue because after the second breakdown WAV put on their own bus to taxi the band and their equipment to the venue. They are not to blame, POD are not to blame. Some shitty spring/valve/enginge failure is the only bad guy in all of this. And as for Foggy Notions. They are legends in my book. Swinging that gig at the last minute, handing out free chips from Bobos and charging a pittance. Well done to them. Animal Collective will have to come back later this year I'm sure. Its a legal responsibility no?

I really feel for AC after reading that blog on Myspace, such a herculean effort to get a great gig on, and then to get such spite-filled bile spat at them by gobshites on Myspace. Few bands would have bothered.

I really feel for AC after reading that blog on Myspace, such a herculean effort to get a great gig on, and then to get such spite-filled bile spat at them by gobshites on Myspace. Few bands would have bothered.

damn right!!!! don't know how people are getting so pissed off at them for it. none of it was their fault, and they went well out of their way to get to play here. fuck the haters! the guys did good

we have heard rumors they are not because they are expecting a make up show soon, but as much as we'd like to, we cannot do another dublin show at the end of this tour. we said we would like to do a make up show for them when we could, but we have no idea when this can happen. so hopefully the refunds will be available. we're sorry again

so what I said originally. That gig smacked of giving themselves an excuse not to reschedule.

Not good enough in my book.

Yeah, shit happens, buses break down, etc, but the way this whole thing was handled (not by FN - they're total heroes) was amateurish in the extreme.

And now not rescheduling?

so what I said originally. That gig smacked of giving themselves an excuse not to reschedule.

Not good enough in my book.

you're being far too harsh, i think. for a band at that level, having to reschedule a gig like that is often the difference between breaking even on a tour, and going seriously into the red.

let's assume there's at least 6 people travelling with them, you're talking about severe penalties in flight costs alone from changing plane tickets, probably thousands of dollars, ignoring how much it would cost to get themselves and all their gear from wherever they are back to ireland. it's the kinda thing simple minds could pull off, not some wee indie band. they also may simply not have a gap in their schedule at the end of their tour that allows it.

from reading the guys blog, it seems they made the effort to get here because the genuinely wanted to the best they could for their fans, not get themselves off the hook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back