[UPDATED] ATLAS SOUND (Bradford Cox - Deerhunter) support ANIMAL COLLECTIVE (2 Viewers)

I just got back home.. Now for 4 hours sleep before work! They were very good, the new stuff will make a deadly album I'm sure. Fair play to the promoters for relocating the gig at such short notice. I liked what Atlas Sound was doing too but after so long waiting around I don't think some of the crowd had the patience for it.

what a fuckin sham.

POD are a fuckin sham outfit that couldn't organise bollox.

I'm so pissed off about this.

and then to hear it actually went ahead totally rubbed salt in the woulds.

I'm happy for those of you that made it. I only heard about it going ahead late last night.

Fuckin bollox

Fucking great.

Anyone know the last track they played before the encore?

Setlist by my recollection was:

Bearhug
Song For Ariel
Who Could Win A Rabbit
Peacebone
Fireworks / Essplode
House
New Song
Daily Routine
Brother Sport
----
Leaf House

So I think its Brother Sport is the one you're talking about, which is such a monster of a tune. You can download a really good video of them doing it live at the Grrrnd Zero festival in Lyon on their website (the festival's website that is, not AC's). It was featured on the Forkcast bit of Pitchfork a few weeks ago. Its such a great song.

That gig was fantastic. The new songs were even better than I thought before and the epic Fireworks medley was one of the best things ever.

Scutter sucks that you didn't get to go. Hopefully they'll be back for another Tripod gig soon enough!

ah dang i wouldve gone for the 2 mins of who could win a rabbit? alone.
did atlas sound still have the dudes from broadcast in his band?

Atlas Sound was just Bradford Cox on sampler, effects pedals and vocals (as far as I can tell). It was good but like someone said people were a bit impatient for AC - I know I was. I thought it was good but after waiting outside for about 80 minutes I was definitely a little impatient.

I dont think it's fair to say it was a sham on PODs part. They had a curfew, the band failed to show up on time, no fault of Tripod. It was a good effort on the band's part and whoever contrived to get the Whelans show together afterwards. Fair play to them. It is a pity that people didnt make it. But I think once there was a second show announced all involved made every effort to publicise it, message-boards, myspace whatever, all that could be done really.

Atlas Sound was just Bradford Cox on sampler, effects pedals and vocals (as far as I can tell). It was good but like someone said people were a bit impatient for AC - I know I was. I thought it was good but after waiting outside for about 80 minutes I was definitely a little impatient.
ah right cool. he had the singer and the other dude with him at ATP and they closed the set with a broadcast song! i love her voice.

I dont think it's fair to say it was a sham on PODs part. They had a curfew, the band failed to show up on time, no fault of Tripod. It was a good effort on the band's part and whoever contrived to get the Whelans show together afterwards. Fair play to them. It is a pity that people didnt make it. But I think once there was a second show announced all involved made every effort to publicise it, message-boards, myspace whatever, all that could be done really.

sorry man, I disagree. The band should not have gone ahead with this gig. The promoters should have stuck by their guns and upheld their decision to cancel the gig.

having the token effort in Whelans smacks of the band giving themselves an excuse of not having to reschedule.

seriously, who in Ireland pissed in their tea.

also, other than thumped, how else did they try and spread word about the rescheduled gig? The post on thumped was at 7:08pm. I'm well gone home from work by then and rarely enough am on a computer at home (looking at the things all day iin work).

POD and the band are equally culpable here in my opinion. I got a phone call from ticketmaster yesterday telling me to hold onto my ticket for the rescheduled gig. Now its unlikely there'll even be on.

It was a shit thing to do by all concerned in my opinion.

sorry man, I disagree. The band should not have gone ahead with this gig. The promoters should have stuck by their guns and upheld their decision to cancel the gig.

having the token effort in Whelans smacks of the band giving themselves an excuse of not having to reschedule.

also, other than thumped, how else did they try and spread word about the rescheduled gig? The post on thumped was at 7:08pm. I'm well gone home from work by then and rarely enough am on a computer at home (looking at the things all day iin work).

POD and the band are equally culpable here in my opinion. I got a phone call from ticketmaster yesterday telling me to hold onto my ticket for the rescheduled gig. Now its unlikely there'll even be on.

The promoters did cancel the gig though, the Whelans gig was completely independent of the Tripod gig as far as I know, an opportunistic move by someone down the WAV side I'd say. The band had the evening free and came over but could not play Tripod because of the curfew. Its up to them and Tripod now to reschedule another gig and honour their promises, because, yes, lots of people probably did not hear that the Whelans gig was scheduled and I empathise with them, however, I feel it was better it went ahead, than if nothing happened at all..and not just because I was there.

I would presume - naively maybe - that this gig was organised independently by WAV/Whelans/Foggy/whoever (Leagues was taking the tickets at the door) so as to play a gig in Ireland at least, especially after the last time. I would presume they are still contractually obliged to do a gig with POD - the email they sent out said their gig was "postponed" not cancelled.

It does really suck that you missed it though. That I cannot disagree with.

The promoters did cancel the gig though, the Whelans gig was completely independent of the Tripod gig as far as I know, an opportunistic move by someone down the WAV side I'd say. The band had the evening free and came over but could not play Tripod because of the curfew. Its up to them and Tripod now to reschedule another gig and honour their promises, because, yes, lots of people probably did not hear that the Whelans gig was scheduled and I empathise with them, however, I feel it was better it went ahead, than if nothing happened at all..and not just because I was there.

It was a Foggy Notions gig in the end as far as I know. It was announced on AC's myspace, and it was on Whelans's site too. They didn't come onstage til about 12.30. I know it must be shit not to have heard about it in time, or to be coming from too far away at that stage, but hardly Tripod's fault. And fair play to Foggy Notions if it was them, charging €15 when most people at that stage wouldve paid a good bit more, especially to see AC in Whelans. Maybe AC will be under contract to reschedule a show anyway now for Tripod??? In anycase, that was mindblowing last night, truly amazing.

If that is the case, then I agree completely. Fair play to whoever. If POD or someone can come on here and clarify that would be great.

If theres a rescheduled gig, then great also. It will certainly appease me somewhat, for one.

If only Foggy Notions could organise every gig in this city. Theres a promoter has its their shit together.

If not though....... I'm guessing 70/80/90 percent of ticketholders for the tripod gig weren't at Whelans last night.

i say fair bleedin play to foggy, pretty amazing to pull off something like that on such short notice.

i would also reckon you need to give the band the benefit of the doubt, i'd imagine they just were trying to do something they thought was a great idea, and not because they thought it would get them off the hook of playing here again.
i bet they'll be back for the re-scheduled gig, so fair dues to them for going ahead with last night. they were going to be in town last night anyway, so why not??

jesus, i HATE animal collective, what am i doing in this thread....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back