[UPDATED] ATLAS SOUND (Bradford Cox - Deerhunter) support ANIMAL COLLECTIVE (1 Viewer)

would have been cool if tripod put a sign advising people to go to whelans, i'm sure an amount of people turned up there not knowing the original thing had been cancelled

would have been cool if tripod put a sign advising people to go to whelans, i'm sure an amount of people turned up there not knowing the original thing had been cancelled

I think they did, or at least I think someone was there directing people down, according to a Donegal fella we met at the gig anyway.

seems theres someone more pissed off than me

What a disgrace! I cant believe this. A unique band. A band built on great character. A ground breaking band. Sell outs. This excuse is simply unacceptable and invalid. To say the curfew prevented your Tripod gig is neither here nor there. You missed your ferry according to Ticketmaster. I take their word for granted. Instead you have decide to cover it up by playing your gig at a later time than the one stated.Get up out of bed instead of getting pisssed the night before hand nad fulfill your duties. You have let us down big time. Thanks for informing us at the 25th hour of calling. Should you return to play at Dublin,which I hope you do, expect a hostile reception. Faggits.
Posted by Jed Donnelly on Monday, May 19, 2008 at 5:08 PM

this ain't nice

Having left work and driving 120 miles each way to arrive at Tripod to see a sign explaining the gig was postponed due to a missed ferry, I am amazed to read talk of a curfew and a move to a new venue for tonight. The info at Tripod stated clearly that the gig would be rescheduled at a later date. No mention of Whelans, curfews etc.

I dont know the ins and outs for all this, but it seems pretty shabby.

ps. Water Curses ep is great.
Posted by godfrey on Monday, May 19, 2008 at 3:49 PM

ah well

I saw those comments on their myspace alright. It's fair enough to be angry but this is just crazy and lets down any point he was making: "Should you return to play at Dublin,which I hope you do, expect a hostile reception. Faggits."

I don't get how they're "Sell outs" either.

Last night was incredible, During the intro to Who can win a rabbit the penny dropped and it was like deadly they're gonna play some old choones, but too be honest all the new stuff stood out for me. I think Animal Collective are all about playing small venues the best times I've seen them were last night and in King Tut's a few years back.

yep i don't think they'd be able to play large venue's well, seen them at oxegen a few years back in one of the tents. Not much atmosphere and a pretty average gig, was totally different to the whelans gig

Don't think calling them faggits, and speculating that drunkedness caused them to miss the ferry is achieving anything. I believe they tried their best given the circumstances. Such a pity word could not have gotten out earlier in the day regarding the Whelans show.

To be honest I was well angry when I heard it was missing a ferry, theres no excuse for poor time keeping in my book, maybe there was something else to it, the van broke down or summit. Fair play for pulling together what they did. However I was really shocked that there wasn't more people at the Whelan's gig, I mean Yeasayer last week was more packed. I don't think upstairs was even open last night and it started to thin out the later it got too. I also heard a few people say they were redirected from Tripod, I think the lateness of the gig might have had something to do with the venue not being at capacity

it wouldn't surprise me if they did get wasted and got up to late to catch the ferry, but their bus broke down went they got off the rescheduled ferry into dublin so there's a chance that they had problems driving over.

upstairs was open or at leat there were a few people there

I was under the impression that their tour bus broke down, which then caused them to be late for the ferry.. As shitty as it is for anybody to miss the gig in the confusion with rearrangements, I don't think that the band were looking to shaft anybody or pull a fast one and calling them sellouts and 'faggits' seems a bit much. From their point of view it would've been easier to stay in the UK after they missed the boat. I imagine they thought that playing for even a small number of people was better than disappointing everybody. As somebody said above, I'd say they'll have to come back to fulfill the Tripod date later on in the year anyway.

Buses do break down...
fuck it they broke their balls to do the gig, and everyone's whining about the lateness.
it was far better in whelans than it could ever have been in tripod...
great night

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back