twitter (3 Viewers)

David Kronenbourg

Solutions
anyone on here use this? it seems kind of pointless but i signed up today anyway. it's a social networking site where you just update your status and people leave comments under it. if anyone wants to join me i'm under KenoshaKid. i haven't started to update my status yet. i'll start tomorrow when i'm feeling more witty and less angry at saps

http://twitter.com/home

If you bring yer laptop to the jax with you you can twitter in the shitter.

I'm available for parties.

it's a bit terrible but I got on the bandwagon early and snapped up

www.twitter.com/johnlynch

which is pretty astonishing to be honest. It's looking a bit stupid now that I linked it with goodreads.

I only read updates on the grates, Kristin Hersh and Wendy and Lisa, Stephen Fry might be interesting though

when I joined last year (I think it was July?) you could update by text, although I never did 'cos I wasn;t sure how much it would cost. Then in August they announced that you couldn't do it anymore 'cos of costs. But if you download apps onto your phone you can update it that way.
I downloaded Tweetdeck today which makes it so much easier to use.
Twitter did delete loads of my friends though a few weeks ago leading a few to think I'd deleted them on purpose, I think it's trying to make me look bad! ;)

I'm trying to DECREASE my internet usage so I think it's best I avoid this crap. I finally gave into facebook because of the scrabble but I don't even play that any more. Now half my high school as found me and have to keep accepting friend requests from people I didn't like 20 years ago and doubt I'd like now. I wish I had the balls to just deny people. I tried deleting my myspace but I can't. I signed up using a hotmail address when it first started and I don't even have the account any more. Annoying. I should just delete everything. Or at least delete the people who are not funny, which would be most.

I'm trying to DECREASE my internet usage so I think it's best I avoid this crap. I finally gave into facebook because of the scrabble but I don't even play that any more. Now half my high school as found me and have to keep accepting friend requests from people I didn't like 20 years ago and doubt I'd like now. I wish I had the balls to just deny people. I tried deleting my myspace but I can't. I signed up using a hotmail address when it first started and I don't even have the account any more. Annoying. I should just delete everything. Or at least delete the people who are not funny, which would be most.

i managed to delete a myspace account about 2 years ago. i have another now which i'd like to deactivate as its a band one but im not making music these days so it seems silly to have a music page however you cant just deactivate it. im pretty sure you can delete it though.

I don't get twitter...it's just facebook with no tat. Why do people refer to this as 'streaming your life'?

'I just had a poo...'

'Missed the bus have to wait for the next one, grrr...'

'A Massive Poo Bus is now terrifying me as I try to eat me dinner..'

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I don't get facebook, it's just twitter but with some extras stuff to try and kid yourself that it's not totally narcissistical

I'd delete my twitter in a heartbeat if I hadn't got an account with my full name in the url. Swear to God, even my local library doesn't give me that

i managed to delete a myspace account about 2 years ago. i have another now which i'd like to deactivate as its a band one but im not making music these days so it seems silly to have a music page however you cant just deactivate it. im pretty sure you can delete it though.

They send a message to your e-mail account and you have to delete it from the link they send you. I don't have the account I signed up with anymore. So I can't change the e-mail or delete it. I've tried.

I signed up a good while back. It's handy as a kind of RSS reader. I just follow news sites I use it to get news stories and such as updates.

I never felt too curious about what Stephen Fry is doing this minute. An I lost interest in giving status updates myself after about a week.

I would like to be able to twitter GPS co-ordinates from my phone to a twitter stream - that would be interesting

I signed up a good while back. It's handy as a kind of RSS reader. I just follow news sites I use it to get news stories and such as updates.

I never felt too curious about what Stephen Fry is doing this minute. An I lost interest in giving status updates myself after about a week.

I would like to be able to twitter GPS co-ordinates from my phone to a twitter stream - that would be interesting

Not far now:

http://www.wubud.com/signup/

http://uk.techcrunch.com/2008/04/29/wubud-a-mobile-socnet-on-a-sim-card/

I don't get facebook, it's just twitter but with some extras stuff to try and kid yourself that it's not totally narcissistical

If you get in in the morning and you have 20 mesages saying "so and so did the blah blah blah quiz and go 80% - what would you score" or "someone sent you a fuzzy something or other"; then you think - fuck Facebook.

Still it has its moments.

I post links to it a lot. As much for me to have a place to be able to remember them and find them again as to share them. I cant be getting on with digg and delicious and the linke and find just lashing them into my faceblook page easier.

I got /kirstie v early on but have never used it - I have an a/c for beaut.ie that I update a few times a day though. Not of huge interest to the majority of Thumpeders, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back