True Detective Season 2 (1 Viewer)

that explained nothing

so..where did they get the ferry to? to venezuela? seems like kind of a long trip. or did they go to mexico first? scarface was taking them and the place she came from was in mexico. and then where were they heading off to on their stony-faced wilderness trek with strapped-on babies and sunhats and bindles? they were starting off from venezuela (see flags during street party)
And Chavez on the wall! I think now that Ani had told her story to the press they had to keep moving in case somebody got to the reporter. The implication being that they were doomed to live life on the run. And yeah I think I remember Mexico being mooted as the first port of call.

Last edited:
Overall I enjoyed the season but it definitely had more bad moments than good. Nic P needs a proper story, or hire a writing partner/team if he does get a third season.
If they do another season they HAVE to go back to the one director formula so that there is a strong additional creative force for Nicky P to bounce ideas off and to get another perspective.
There doesn't have to be a True Detective every year too, Nic P can take his time with the writing and get it super tight like season one.

I'm genuinely still super bummed out about Ray and Frank. Ray more so, I think I woke up last night thinking about it. He was a good man. Pure Solid Gold!

If they do another season they HAVE to go back to the one director formula so that there is a strong additional creative force for Nicky P to bounce ideas off and to get another perspective.
There doesn't have to be a True Detective every year too, Nic P can take his time with the writing and get it super tight like season one.

I'm genuinely still super bummed out about Ray and Frank. Ray more so, I think I woke up last night thinking about it. He was a good man. Pure Solid Gold!
Ray was indeed a good man. One of my favourite Farrell performances to date.

was i the only one who liked the bar singer then? i would've thought she'd be pure thumped fodder
I liked her but I was wondering what her deal was; was she paid to play to an empty room every night? I was beginning to think that she was imaginary towards the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back