True Detective Season 2 (2 Viewers)

I love Christoper Orr

I'm a little gutted to find out he's been writing about every goddamn episode all along
Sims had the most salient points for me.
But it was the final montage that bothered me most of all. After the gothic delights of season one, and the early tease of the fantastic this year (with Ray’s trip to the afterlife and back), it was infuriating to see Pizzolatto close with some half-assed indictment of corruption going all the way to the top. (Even in the absurd civic structure of Vinci, you’re telling me the Mayor’s orgy-organizing son is gonna succeed his father after his mysterious suicide?) I do think Pizzolatto was aiming to essay some grand tale of the dark heart of Californian bureaucracy, surreptitious land grabs, and misused government money, but it was told entirely in the footnotes. That’s True Detective season two: Some hackneyed personal melodrama, and to find out the rest of the plot, please consult the appendices.

like the mashed potatoes were lumpy and they squinted at you and said "it was all a ruse, see? mehhhhhhhhh" /30s gangster impression

So was Elvis sketch in the end, there's some reference to him in the last episode but nothing else said about Ani's dad and sister.

I think we need another season to sort this shit out. Ani and Jordan arrive back on the scene and tidy it all up.

The personal drama was better than the murder mystery
I'd go with that. I didn't give a toss about Caspere or the investigation by the end. Was only in it for the three cops (I didn't think Frank was as bad as everyone else but he wasn't as engaging as the others). Yeah the whole thing could have been better (and wasn't nearly as good as the first season) but it still was a lot better than most of the dreck on TV.

i wonder if the italians (the bakery lads) sold out frank to the mexicans. they were last to see him and which way he was headed, and had a chance to put a tracker on his car if they wanted.

i wonder if the italians (the bakery lads) sold out frank to the mexicans. they were last to see him and which way he was headed, and had a chance to put a tracker on his car if they wanted.

They're the Armenians and yeah fairly sure they sold him out. No one else would have known where he was.

Not sure who said the thing above or possibly where I read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back