True Detective Season 2 (3 Viewers)

Well that was absolute garbage. I think I was with it for longer than most people (although clearly not as long as some on here) but the end was particularly poor. Pizzolatto is a spoofer. Stumbled upon a good acting pair in the first season, ripped off a whole host of underground writers and let a very good director do the rest. This season, off his own steam and without Fukunaga he's been shown up for a bit of a charlatan. It's been a long time since I've seen acting and dialogue as bad on such a high-budget show. Nothing stuck. I wouldn't have minded that it was so cheesy if that's what it was going for. I wouldn't have minded all the red herrings if the core storyline (which was relatively intriguing in and of itself) had unravelled in something approaching an intelligent fashion. How often did characters you'd forgotten about show up to explain the plot after endless sidetracking in poorly written dialogue?? Amateur hour. Clearly they were given far too much license after the success of the first series. I hope they were all on a shitload of drugs

i liked ol kitschy

vaughn was an abomination

although i loved that final scene with his father alongside him; he did that very well

well his death was pinned on velcoro wasn't it (i think), so i guess they were making as big a deal as possible out of that whole story

Why did they name a highway after Woodrugh? Just because he got killed? He seemed like a weirdo who no one liked.
His boss seemed to like him. He was killed in the line of duty. He was a veteran. Not many CHPs die, so they can afford to make a fuss. It fitted.

Story-wise it was probably done to counterpoint with Farreller. Riggins family and kid got to stand proud next to his memory. Colin still has an injustice hanging over him. Cut to Rachel still fighting the good fight in the hotel room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back