True Detective Season 2 (1 Viewer)

i reckoned they took it hoping for the evidence but it wasn't there, then bought the whole property to have a proper look but still couldn't find it

did yer man say the hard drive was specifically missing from caspere's computer though? i can't remember

i reckoned they took it hoping for the evidence but it wasn't there, then bought the whole property to have a proper look but still couldn't find it

did yer man say the hard drive was specifically missing from caspere's computer though? i can't remember
No the harddrive was in the house where Ray got shot!
Then Bird man took it!

Jordan could be the Bird person for all we know.
I really think there needs to be a pay off of all those Jordan/Frank scenes.

jordan and blake working together maybe? it was definitely a tall man in a suit and shiny shoes that transported dead caspere around the place, ray's shooter was tall as well i think? blake is tall and smartly-suited

jordan and blake working together maybe? it was definitely a tall man in a suit and shiny shoes that transported dead caspere around the place, ray's shooter was tall as well i think? blake is tall and smartly-suited

Yeah but what would be the motivation for ruining his land deal?

It was one of Frank's companies that poisoned a lot of land up north to cheapen it for the land deal.

some dark, noir-ish thing from the past

or working for bigger players?
Ahhhhhhh I have an idea.
Frank gives Caspere 5 million.
Caspere uses the 5 million to buy the blue diamonds so that he's not carrying around shit tons of cash.
Certain parties find out about the diamonds and interrogate and kill Caspere trying to get him to reveal the location.

We know Blake is working with Dr Pitlor and the Mayors son. Maybe Jordan is working with them too.....

If Blake is the killer, and he's working in cahoots with Jordan against Frank then why did he leave Caspere's ritually killed body in a public place, knowing that such a find would lead to an investigation and all this heat coming down around them? He could have just disposed of the corpse normally with his gangster know how.

possibly meaningful observations/stuff i previously missed, from rewatching episode 2:

frank after the story about the basement: "something's telling me that it's all papier maché...something's telling me to wake up. like i'm not real. like i'm only dreaming."
could hint at some kind of psychosis at play on frank's part? that'd be kinda weak though.

"fuckin' blake, wherever the fuck he's been"--WHAT'S BLAKE UP TO? fuckin' blake.

when frank walks into city hall to see chessani there's a plaque on the wall saying 'vinci city hall: dedication ceremony june 16 1978'--eliot bezzerides previously said "I am not comfortable imposing my will on anyone and I haven't been since 1978".
ani later says the 'good people' were a "commune around guerneville late 70s, 80s"

frank to chessani: "you're not worried whoever did caspere might be part of something bigger, muscling in on the corridor? secret handshakes and whatnot."
so i guess this is the 'realistic' view, and by extension incorporates theories such as blake and jordan being double-crossers--the murder being all about money/business. but with all the cult and sex party carry-on i suppose we can assume it's going to turn out to be something much darker and weirder.

chessani: "ben had his own journey. and what punched his ticket could have come from some...personal boggin."
it was boggins what done it!

the girl frank talks to in danny's club, who gives him the address of caspere's secret sex house, looks just like the actress listed as (missing woman) vera (miranda rae mayo). although elvis says the last record of her was a call she made from guerneville a couple of months ago to her previous roommate, asking if anyone had been looking for her.

whe ray goes to the secret house, the raven man's car is already parked outside (i think; we don't see the reg but the car is reasonably distinctive and seeing as he then turns up it seems that must be his). so the raven either got there just before ray, or was waiting for him. was that already obvious? does it add anything? iunno

there's a book on the shelf that says ARAKI - a japanese photographer/artist. there was previously some japanese stuff in ani's apartment - martial arts stuff (knife fighting and samurai) and some japanese caligraphy art on the wall. don't know if there's anything to read into that. maybe a link between someone involved, and wherever ani picked up her interest in japan?

there's also a bird head ornament that's featured prominently in two shots. it's a crane/heron type bird rather than a raven though.

on re-watching, ray's shooter looks more like a shortish person (though it's hard to tell with the angle) in an ill-fitting suit, so not blake.

possibly meaningful observations/stuff i previously missed, from rewatching episode 2:

frank after the story about the basement: "something's telling me that it's all papier maché...something's telling me to wake up. like i'm not real. like i'm only dreaming."
could hint at some kind of psychosis at play on frank's part? that'd be kinda weak though.

"fuckin' blake, wherever the fuck he's been"--WHAT'S BLAKE UP TO? fuckin' blake.

when frank walks into city hall to see chessani there's a plaque on the wall saying 'vinci city hall: dedication ceremony june 16 1978'--eliot bezzerides previously said "I am not comfortable imposing my will on anyone and I haven't been since 1978".
ani later says the 'good people' were a "commune around guerneville late 70s, 80s"

frank to chessani: "you're not worried whoever did caspere might be part of something bigger, muscling in on the corridor? secret handshakes and whatnot."
so i guess this is the 'realistic' view, and by extension incorporates theories such as blake and jordan being double-crossers--the murder being all about money/business. but with all the cult and sex party carry-on i suppose we can assume it's going to turn out to be something much darker and weirder.

chessani: "ben had his own journey. and what punched his ticket could have come from some...personal boggin."
it was boggins what done it!

the girl frank talks to in danny's club, who gives him the address of caspere's secret sex house, looks just like the actress listed as (missing woman) vera (miranda rae mayo). although elvis says the last record of her was a call she made from guerneville a couple of months ago to her previous roommate, asking if anyone had been looking for her.

whe ray goes to the secret house, the raven man's car is already parked outside (i think; we don't see the reg but the car is reasonably distinctive and seeing as he then turns up it seems that must be his). so the raven either got there just before ray, or was waiting for him. was that already obvious? does it add anything? iunno

there's a book on the shelf that says ARAKI - a japanese photographer/artist. there was previously some japanese stuff in ani's apartment - martial arts stuff (knife fighting and samurai) and some japanese caligraphy art on the wall. don't know if there's anything to read into that. maybe a link between someone involved, and wherever ani picked up her interest in japan?

there's also a bird head ornament that's featured prominently in two shots. it's a crane/heron type bird rather than a raven though.

on re-watching, ray's shooter looks more like a shortish person (though it's hard to tell with the angle) in an ill-fitting suit, so not blake.
Great stuff. Please do this for each episode!

i will

i've obviously missed some major stuff on the first time round though so i might be getting things wrong or stating the obvious

so this thing is the hard drive then? i thought it was a radio first and indeed second time round

Screenshot 2015-07-23 10.36.42.png

just as an aside, i fucking love that conway twitty dude singing the rose in ray's dream

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back