Trolls posting people's full names on a thread (2 Viewers)

i had that a few years ago; i actually went on a 6-8 month campaign of trying to erase it from existence, by being a little confrontational and at times what people would perceive as being an asshole, but the reality is is that folks that know nothing about you have a strange sort of 'lock' on you that you dont get with going by a real name that mammy or daddy gave you.

if your in a group conversation, and somebody who has a nickname, i.e. (just examples....) 'hag' is mentioned, everybody can very easily, and generally do due to very slight forms of peer pressure, appear as if they know this 'hag' character, now two months later their in a conversation and the name 'hag' comes up, they can re-tell the 'hag' anecdote they heard before, and they might just hear one in return. this happens with nicknames. but if you are going by your name, and say for example your name is 'john kelly', and someone is telling a story about 'john' there isn't the same grounds for someone who doesn't know 'john kelly' to carry the story as their own, and in the 'hag' effect doesn't have the same potency. Its not really harmful for the most, but when your sitting at table of complete strangers, or eavesdropping and you hear anecdotes about 'hag', and you are 'hag' its just weird. i had a vibe like this in the bar one night, and none of the dude's knew that they were talking about me to me; so every time someone called me by my nickname for months after that id give them a pile of shit about it, and make them change it in their phone. it never totally died off, but i am know by my actual name now; far better buzz.

I did the exact opposite. I eradicated my given name 17 years ago and now even my family calls me by my nickname. Serves them right for naming me after a Beach Boys song.

To bring this back on topic. Whatever about googling people this is kind of freaky. It brought up my myspace and my amazon wishlist as the first 2 hits.

I got my myspace from entering my full name. Putting in only my last name brings up my flickr page which has my full name which is wierd.

my flickr comes up first then stuff by a few other people with the same name. thats what happens when you use the internet i suppose. beside the flickr link theres a thing that says "deep web page, cannot be found on regular search engines".

my flickr comes up first then stuff by a few other people with the same name. thats what happens when you use the internet i suppose. beside the flickr link theres a thing that says "deep web page, cannot be found on regular search engines".

That shouldn't be the case seeing as my name and rsj's(dunno about yours) both are on the our flickr pages pretty clearly so they should be stored in search engines.

if you type my real name into google, I am actually the only person who comes up..no shit..its a bummer, and I wish it wasn't so.

I'm the only person in the world with my name so likewise for me.

Ah, here we are.
That other guy with the same name as me is all over Bebo. Some off colour jokes there.
Also there’s a bunch of Taekwon-do stuff, which is grand. It would hardly affect my chances of getting a job or anything.

That shouldn't be the case seeing as my name and rsj's(dunno about yours) both are on the our flickr pages pretty clearly so they should be stored in search engines.

its the little snow flack symbol - does that come up beside your flickr account? my flickr name is my real name too. i tried searching "my name" flickr in google and it didnt show up

Most of my flickr photos are tagged with my name so i have no idea how it's not showing up. My website has my name on it too but it don't show up. I have a number of domain names registered in my name that don't show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back