Trolls posting people's full names on a thread (1 Viewer)

Pete took it down. Thanx Pete.

It was in the LF Berlin thread. Pelviscostello posted someone's first and last name, which was creepy and stalkery. But it was fun playing detective and trying to figure out who he is. Still wanna know, but.

i'm amazed at how much people are willing to share on thumped. posting self portraits, as an example.
most i've ever publically revealed online is my first name, and only when posting links.

There's huge subsets of people here who know each other in real life so secrecy is a bit pointless.

I'm not too bothered about people on Thumped knowing who I am, or even what I look like, but I wouldn't be keen to post my second name on a forum, mainly just because of google searches.

There's a really old post from the archives -- some dude who was looking for me -- that you get if you google my full name, and I wish it weren't there, but it is.

I also have the mixed blessing of a name that is shared by only one other person whose name comes up in google searches, which means I try to be a wee bit careful.

Its good having a name that's a bit of a bastard to spell, so when people post it up they usually get a letter wrong.
Eh Large Hearted Boy? Eh?
You big troll ya.

In fairness to Large Hearted Boy he used his real name (firstname and surname) as his username for quite a while. Brian Conniffe still does. Very brave.

I would have used my real first name but it was already taken.

My real first name is Ciaran, but its a bit boring. Because of different things in the past, I don't ever give out personal details in public on the net anymore...its a permanent record.

I'm not too bothered about people on Thumped knowing who I am, or even what I look like, but I wouldn't be keen to post my second name on a forum, mainly just because of google searches.
Something like this has happen to me this week. My full name, and in the same paragraph, "aka 'screen name''. Still waiting back on and edit of the page.

Janer used to do this too, it's real bully boy stuff

I'm fairly *meh-heh* about my name being banded around, mostly it's folk I know and just assume no reads most of the shit we talk anyhow...

though I wouldn't post a photo of myself up...

I don't think all the girls on the board could handle it

I don't think all the girls on the board could handle it

Nah, I always wear gloves. Go for it.

But yeah. Obviously, my first name is my username so that's no biggie, but I figure the internet is a pretty big place, and if someone wants to know stuff about me that badly, they probably won't learn anything off Thumped that they wouldn't learn from me in person or from stuff I've written elsewhere.

It's a bit like being listed in the phone book. You don't mind your number being there because some people might look for it, but you wouldn't want it written on every bathroom wall in town.

Because believe me, it might seem like a good idea, but it ain't.

what happened?

I'm only speaking hypothetically, like.

I hope it's never happened to me. Although I do get a lot of wrong numbers for someone called 'Joan', which initially made me suspicious. Eventually, it turned out that there's someone called Joan with a number that's one digit different from mine. I was getting loads of calls for her for a while, and I'd just give them her number. Now I can't remember what digit it is.

In fairness to Large Hearted Boy he used his real name (firstname and surname) as his username for quite a while. Brian Conniffe still does. Very brave.

I would have used my real first name but it was already taken.

There'll be no fairness shown to that bollix. In fairness.

Brian Conniffe is not a real person though. He is more stuff of myth. He has long since given up on his human form, and now exists only as energy.

This is how he moves about through time. You didn't notice that? The references made to him on the Bayeux tapestry gave the game away to me.

image_l,45.jpg

Brian. (On the right.)

Brian Conniffe is not a real person though. He is more stuff of myth. He has long since given up on his human form, and now exists only as energy.

This is how he moves about through time. You didn't notice that? The references made to him on the Bayeux tapestry gave the game away to me.

image_l,45.jpg

Brian. (On the right.)

Hahahaha, just as well there is no-one else in the office in the moment otherwise I'd have to try to explain the joke.

Brian does currently inhabit a human form, and I like to pretend that he's my friend because I think it makes me look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back