Trolls posting people's full names on a thread (1 Viewer)

maybe not - i just looked up wikipedia and i think it was the love song of j alfred prufrock i was thinking of.

Yes, I remember doing that for the Leaving. The Waste Land is absolutely full of quotations from and references to obscure texts in 6 or 7 different languages. Headwrecking!

Yates's was bored on his honeymoon and spent the time with his wife playing around with automatic writing.

That kind of sums him up for me.

Perhaps you should judge Yeats by his art and his towering contribution to 20th century poetry rather than how he's alleged to have 'spent his honeymoon'.

Perhaps you should judge Yeats by his art and his towering contribution to 20th century poetry rather than how he's alleged to have 'spent his honeymoon'.

Were the artist and poet not two different people?

Were the artist and poet not two different people?

there was W. B. the poet and Jack B. the painter. They're dad was a painter too I think. One of them overachieving families. I'd like to have seen their fridge door, wha' !

what a tangent

I'm very proud of how everyone managed to bring this thread from meta-etiquet to Brian Coniffe, to Glen, to KPMG, to chaos theory, to Yeats, to Star Trek, to Politapill and back to Yeats again.

They don't teach that shit in school

what ya'll need to do is to let yr nicknames become bigger then yr real names. then all people will ever know you as is yr nickname. on the down side, it's a pretty hard thing to reverse.

i had that a few years ago; i actually went on a 6-8 month campaign of trying to erase it from existence, by being a little confrontational and at times what people would perceive as being an asshole, but the reality is is that folks that know nothing about you have a strange sort of 'lock' on you that you dont get with going by a real name that mammy or daddy gave you.

if your in a group conversation, and somebody who has a nickname, i.e. (just examples....) 'hag' is mentioned, everybody can very easily, and generally do due to very slight forms of peer pressure, appear as if they know this 'hag' character, now two months later their in a conversation and the name 'hag' comes up, they can re-tell the 'hag' anecdote they heard before, and they might just hear one in return. this happens with nicknames. but if you are going by your name, and say for example your name is 'john kelly', and someone is telling a story about 'john' there isn't the same grounds for someone who doesn't know 'john kelly' to carry the story as their own, and in the 'hag' effect doesn't have the same potency. Its not really harmful for the most, but when your sitting at table of complete strangers, or eavesdropping and you hear anecdotes about 'hag', and you are 'hag' its just weird. i had a vibe like this in the bar one night, and none of the dude's knew that they were talking about me to me; so every time someone called me by my nickname for months after that id give them a pile of shit about it, and make them change it in their phone. it never totally died off, but i am know by my actual name now; far better buzz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back