Today's Assignment.....no joke (1 Viewer)

Be the Hokey said:
according to the post doc physicist who is staying in my house, hawking is just a populist. she says he merely expounds upon others' theories in a manner that the layperson can grasp, but really among physicists he's not in the top ten.
but sure what would i know? just sayin is all, according to the geek.

That person sounds a little bitter and jealous of Hawkings success.
Making complex theories understandable to the man in the street is not easy. Maybe she should try it herself with her own groundbreaking theories.

Wilbert said:
That person sounds a little bitter and jealous of Hawkings success.
Making complex theories understandable to the man in the street is not easy. Maybe she should try it herself with her own groundbreaking theories.

i don't think you grasped the point. she thinks he is an extremely gifted guy, and praises him for his success, as well as his work. what she also says however is, 'if you think that's good stuff, read this guy, FAR better', which I think is fair if you actually know about these things.

oh, and she may well have tried it herself with her own groundbreaking theories. how do you know??!!

c0De_n1NjA said:
ask him would he lick-out dot cotton for the use of his legs.

thanks for that. that image will burn into my soul for all eternity.

incidentally, this is my 5,000th post.

should i go up to him and do a cheerleading routine that comprises me yelling "e=mc2 rocks!"

?

La La said:
thanks for that. that image will burn into my soul for all eternity.

incidentally, this is my 5,000th post.

should i go up to him and do a cheerleading routine that comprises me yelling "e=mc2 rocks!"

?

its nothing to be happy about. thumped is killing us all.

Yes, yes it is killing me. Here I am after my leaving cert Maths II and with nothing else better to do than sit here.. on thumped.. talking to all you other wasters..

seanc said:
Interviewing Cillian Murphy is quite an honour. Well done La La.
im not too into cillian murphy, but 28 days later, where he's all naked playing a bike courier....oh yes. yes indeed.

La La said:
thanks, but news just in - i was needed here in the office so they fuckin sent someone else who was nearer the airport!!
this thread simply must be deleted now, unless people want to talk summore about stephen hawking.
Why would we want to have it deleted? Means we can all laugh at you now :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back