Timetable for Electric Picnic (2 Viewers)

compuwhore said:
my mate soda streamed a big mac once.

Don't think yer gonna have to worry 'bout gettin' the booze in, unless you don't have the camping ticket.
And what's the dealio with cars? Is the parking outside the ticket check? Or is it in a clever place, whereby we can store beer and goodies in it?
whatchu talkin bout nigga? i dont have a camping ticket. hence the rant. contrary to popular opinion i dont foam at the mouth for the good of my health.

i hear parking is 15mins walk away from the gate. no re-admittance.
"eat the overpriced food and drink the overpriced watered down beer or be sober and starve you fucking fools" is the message i'm getting.

its looking like its time for the selotape a pill to each nipple trick.

all this info is from a phonecall my g/f made to the organisers this morning btw.

Buckfast in litre bottles of water (sports bottles I belive they're called in some circles) is your only man. Keep the cap in your jocks until you get in though. This also adds a valuable security feature in that none of your pals will want "just a sip" as they know where the lid has been.

If security look a bit fishy, walk in with a limp and pretend you're a spa. The dark liquid is your "cleansing juice".

I sellotaped cans of beer to my back for one of the Féile's once. Got about eight in. At that age all I needed was three but the bravado of it all consumed me.

Cheers for the timetable. Can't believe Kraftwerk are on in a fucking tent.

Donkey OJ said:
whatchu talkin bout nigga? i dont have a camping ticket. hence the rant. contrary to popular opinion i dont foam at the mouth for the good of my health.

i hear parking is 15mins walk away from the gate. no re-admittance.
"eat the overpriced food and drink the overpriced watered down beer or starve you fucking fools" is the message i'm getting.

all this info is from a phonecall my g/f made to the organisers this morning.
She's a clever girl. Because it's so fuckin unbelieveable sometimes, I tend to take the naive 'they simply can't be that strict' notion. But time and time again I'm shocked and appauled by the lack of soundness and the degree of fun control at gigs in this c'untry. When o when can we have a proper festival where we can get wasted (or not) & enjoy some sounds (or not). Seriously though, once there's a big fuckin barrier around the whole thing, what else needs to be done?! just lettuce at it!
Does it all come down to insurance? or is there really an anti-fun brigade out there?

all that said, I'm gonna make the most of it.

compuwhore said:
Does it all come down to insurance? or is there really an anti-fun brigade out there? all that said, I'm gonna make the most of it.
in my opinion it all comes down to M.U.N.N.E.Y and P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
which is depressing. i could be wrong but i'm sure a €7 wrap trailer is gonna prove otherwise.

Donkey OJ said:
in my opinion it all comes down to M.U.N.N.E.Y and P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
which is depressing. i could be wrong but i'm sure a €7 wrap trailer is gonna prove otherwise.
yeah, totally, buh...I'd feel much better about spending my money if I didn't have to look over my shoulder everytime I want to something a bit wild, like this
.|..|

Although I don't have any, the money thing only really gets to me when I can't enjoy what I pay for. and i don't enjoy queues, or budweiser, or plastic glasses (?) or queues, or burgers for a fiver, (more?) or queues.

Alan Latchley said:
Buckfast in litre bottles of water (sports bottles I belive they're called in some circles) is your only man. Keep the cap in your jocks until you get in though. This also adds a valuable security feature in that none of your pals will want "just a sip" as they know where the lid has been.

If security look a bit fishy, walk in with a limp and pretend you're a spa. The dark liquid is your "cleansing juice".

I sellotaped cans of beer to my back for one of the Féile's once. Got about eight in. At that age all I needed was three but the bravado of it all consumed me.

Cheers for the timetable. Can't believe Kraftwerk are on in a fucking tent.

Buckfast in empty robinsons bottles.

I vaugely recall someone ( armsy maybe) arriving at mor once with a litre of vodke in a plastic bottle. On walking up towards hawk-eyed, surley security guy at gates, he promptly downed a third of it; wiped his mouth and offered some to him. Security man assumed it was water and grunted him on.

Legendary.

das funkinstein said:
last years fuck ups x twice the capacity x 2 days = negative fun

does anyone think that they are not going to fuck up this year even more than last year?

what was so wrong with last year? Couldnt make it then but going this year and gonna go fucking

nuts.jpg

das funkinstein said:

does anyone think that they are not going to fuck up this year even more than last year?

i had a lot of fun last year - yes the queues for the jacks/bar were shit, but i mean it was the first year of the festival, you cant expect them to pull everything off first time round. i had a better day last year than ive had at witness or oxegen for the last 2 or 3 years, it was a lot more relaxed, less pikeys, good acts, good sound. it may be double the capacity this year, but the festival site looks quite well laid out compared to oxegen, which was a fucking mess this year. plus, you have to give them credit for getting the calibre of acts theyve managed to book. it is of course about profit, but theyre ploughing money into the fuckin thing too, that lost vagueness shit? kraftwerk + nick cave? not cheap.

das funkinstein said:

Not that i go for that many festivals an that; but i've noticed that the onslought off rip-offs and negative fun is inevitable when small, succesful gigs become big, big generalised ones. That said though; go to drink down the music you want to see, and pay no attention to the scum on the surface, you'll get it everywhere.

ATP. Now there's a festival that would'nt subscribe to any o that shite. Not that i've ever gone, buh.

das funkinstein said:

I reckon they'll have it ironed out. Last year was the one-day tester, but yer right, if its two days of the same as last year, I can see myself get very frustrated, maybe even having a bad trip?! now that better not happen.

This is aiken right?
Do they do oxygen as well? I wasn't there, but someone said they really had the bar thing sorted at oxygen, you walk up ask for beer, (no choices buh) and you get them straight away. readily available they said

yeah one of the only good things abuot oxegen the drink quees were quick. (didnt go this year , but last year they were anywaq)
compuwhore said:
I reckon they'll have it ironed out. Last year was the one-day tester, but yer right, if its two days of the same as last year, I can see myself get very frustrated, maybe even having a bad trip?! now that better not happen.

This is aiken right?
Do they do oxygen as well? I wasn't there, but someone said they really had the bar thing sorted at oxygen, you walk up ask for beer, (no choices buh) and you get them straight away. readily available they said

meta said:
If we could only persuade ATP to sort something out in Mosney.....

1c51e740.jpg

Fuck,no!

Can you imagine what they would do to it once they got hands on it??

T'would be heartbreak equal to 20 Mor's i reckon.

It aint broke. Dont fix it.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
So... Who's still on for the mass shouting at James Cunt?
I'm sure hanley and his insane cork kru are well up for it! :D

incidentally, I just want to take this opportunity to say that I wholeheartedly endorse this proposed 'jamescunting'. godspeed! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back