Thunder and Lightning rules! (3 Viewers)

there was a really bad flood in finglas about 10yrs ago, my school was closed for a few weeks because of it, the government promised plans were in place to make sure it never happened again, i'm guessing they must have been too busy.

There was a flood in Finglas twenty years ago too. And before the politicos came to see what the problem was (blocked drains the corpo had been warned about for years), the corpo were out cleaning the drains. But they were caught red-handed by Frank DeRossa. House was wrecked.

Apparently, the same road is now flooded worse than ever. Manholes were forced up by the water. That's a fucking disgrace. Obviously, when they built the gaffs, they did the drainage on the cheap. Like all those new gaffs in Blanch, the ones with the pyrite problem.

The Victorians would never have let this happen.

You know those big holes they ripped out of the walls to put in the boardwalk (You know, that place for the junkies to keep out of harm's way)? Well, they ripped those holes out of a flood wall. Pricks. But don't worry. They have a plan in place to block them up if the kip floods. Allegedly. If they're as clever as fixing things as they are in their planning, O'Connell Street is fucked.

Same shit, different day.

I had to rod our drains/septic tank because they were blocked up with leaves and stuff so weren't flowing properly and the garden was getting flooded. I'd sooner not think about what I rigorously and repeatedly scrubbed off my hands when I was done.

I had to fish out poo matted dog hair from my drain--thinking the whole, time.." isn't there a pair of rubber gloves not 3 feet away?what the hell am i doing?"

must remember not to bite my nails this evening

and my new engineer boots (€100) leak as well

it took me over an hour to drive from phibsboro to the griffith avenue earlier this afternoon.
so in summary thunder and lightning.

two big roof panes of glass just collapsed in the Blanchardstown shopping centre, place is getting evacuated, flood damage sale tomorrow!!!! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

two big roof panes of glass just collapsed in the Blanchardstown shopping centre, place is getting evacuated, flood damage sale tomorrow!!!! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That's mental.

How come I can't find any coverage of this stuff online? Just a few news briefs about road closures is all there seems to be, as is generally the case with flooding. I remember when Sandymount/Irishtown was fucked, and it barely made the news.

we've been looking for my nana for a while today, turns out tesco on manor st locked everyone in, something to do with the electricty going so alarms and tills wouldnt work, my nans 80, its not like shes gonna make a run for it!!! (that would be freakin hilarious tho).

it'll probably be cold by the time you get it, mmmm cold pizza.

Ive only one beer left and the offo is a good 5 minutes on foot...

Is it worth it? My umbrella is sturdy, no doubt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back