Thunder and Lightning rules! (2 Viewers)

jayzus..my dog is sound asleep in the porch..not a bother on him..

this is the same dog who was getting upset by the sound of the squeaking of the runners on the court during the olympic basketball so we had to turn it off!

Just raining here. I want some lightning!
All the spectators were told to leave via the canal exit at Croke Park as the rest of it is flooded.
Unemployment, a new cold war brewing in the East, horrifying weather....it's the end of days lads.

lots of thunder and lightning here, not too sure how keen i am on heading into town in this shit, titanium doesnt attract lightning. . . right?

Our road is pretty flooded and my sister in law's house is pretty fucked. They had to wade into it and pretty much everything is junked, including the brother in law's music gear, which is how he makes his living.

Very sad news.

Badness.

This is badness.

We have to move our whole downstairs to the upstairs now.

I hate everything about this fucking city right now.

Thats terrible

I narrowly prevented our house getting it by unblocking the drain out the back- about 6 inches of water had built up....really wish I'd cleared away the dogshit yesterday..

thats shit, hopefully some of its salvageble. my cars not doing too well, water came up above the wheels and now it wont start.

Thats terrible

I narrowly prevented our house getting it by unblocking the drain out the back- about 6 inches of water had built up....really wish I'd cleared away the dogshit yesterday..

Glad you saved your house, Mr Stress. Still crossing my fingers for anyone who lives in a flood-prone area, though. I'm guessing this shit ain't done.

The inlaws are in Finglas, where it's pretty bad I guess, and they're still in some shock. They had to wade up to it and climb in through the window of the house -- it's completely fucking fucked, as is their entire cul de sac. They just increased their insurance coverage recently, but that's just not the point. The real crap is that shit you can't replace, no matter how much insurance coverage you have. So sad.

We just packed up all of our valuables and moved them upstairs, and we're just keeping an eye on the water levels, both the drain at the rear of the house and the buildup in the road in front. So nervous about this shit. We can get the rest of our essentials up the stairs in a matter of minutes and some of it's already heaped into bags in preparation.

I suppose, though, given where we are, if the Liffey broke its banks, it really wouldn't matter if our shit was upstairs -- we'd be totally bollocksed. Why do I think it's ever good to live on a reclaimed sandbank? It's not. You know, it just is not. Ringsend was not really meant to be made into dry land, although it's probably good that instead of concrete foundations that would crack, our houses are built on sand, which absorbs water a little better. No? Yes? Don't tell me. I don't want to know.

After fires, floods possibly scare me the most. Then there are spiders, flying and runaway trains. It's a wonder I ever get any sleep.

High tide was about an hour and a half ago, though, so we're okay unless this continues through the night, in which case, the whole city is probably fucked. It's a good thing the leaves haven't started falling from the trees yet -- that's what did people in in 2002. The November ones, at least. The February floods were kind of the wall thing, but I saw the waters break the wall along Sandymount Strand -- unless you built a sea wall 6 feet higher, there was no way to stop that. It was mental, and helped to stoke my fear of floods, although mostly that is my neurotic nature.

Edit: Rita, I hope your car is okay. This sucks. Happy fucking summer, everyone. I hope no one gets really icked from this.

In a few weeks time some minister will probably start sending out sandbags as part of an emergency response

My grans house was completely flooded once, the tide mark left on the walls was bout 5 foot high, so many things destroyed..it's shite

took an hour and a half to get from blanch to ashtown just now, should take 10 minutes, at one point couldn't see more than 2 metres in front of the car. also, the insane driving people do shave a second or two of their journey is.....insane.

was driving around the exit roundabout from blanchardstown sc towards the navan road, to be met by a wanker driving the *wrong* way around the roundabout to get to the lane he wanted!

the radio was telling us that ashtown was in bits too, but we got home and it's grand. phew.

hope everyone else doesn't get too badly hit by it

there was a really bad flood in finglas about 10yrs ago, my school was closed for a few weeks because of it, the government promised plans were in place to make sure it never happened again, i'm guessing they must have been too busy.

I got a 41 into town, foolishly, it were only raining for 30 minutes. Floods all through airport/santry/drumcondra. Was meant to be going to Cabra but traffic, rain, floods etc mental. Is that Aces gig still on or is Eamonn Doran's flooded?

all the roads in and out of our estate are blocked..the boy was in work and when he came out the river in coolock had burst its banks..apparently the water was up to his knees and he's pretty tall...crazy stuff altogether...

hope everyone and their houres are doing ok..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back