thumped wishlist (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 164
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 6
that's really shit. they're too small already. change something else instead.
pete said:
On a related note, in the next few days all avatars will be deleted in order to enforce a new smaller images (dimensions and file size) rule, so that should help.

hag said:
yeah, c'mon, this guy lives for being able to change his avatar into some record he loves every 2 weeks or so. you're gonna make a lot of puppies cry pete!
go tell it to the "wah wah the page is too slow" whiners

pete said:
go tell it to the "wah wah the page is too slow" whiners
seriously pete, avatars make thumped worth while for me. go tell those fuckers to buy a laptop or something. if avatars get smaller, so does hag. (as in, me, walking gradually away from thumped into the distance saying "pete, you're not our fucking daddy" and looking pretty cool.)

pete said:
Well that there css totals 5,307 bytes, or 5.18k, giving a total CSS download time of approximately 1.25 seconds over a 56k modem connection.

Add in yer standard modem hardware compression and you're looking at maybe 2,000 bytes max, or about .5 second load time per page. Do you honestly think that anyone here measures out their time in 0.5 second chunks? I certainly don't.

Having said that, i've turned on the "Store CSS Stylesheets as Files?" option so that should make a world of difference.

edit: Annnnd while i was at it I turned off the "Add No-Cache HTTP Headers" option, so you lot better get that CTRL-F5 back in action.
Anybody notice any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back