Thumped Compilation Club (1 Viewer)

buck said:
Guided by voices- compilation

Other gbv fans might have done a completely different one but they have so many songs its real hard but there is a good few pedicatales on it
nice one; it's been a while since I did a GBV one..|..|

as a matter of interest did you buy Human Amusements at Hourly Rates separately or were you content with the Hardcore UFOs version?

Like the sad completist I am I bought five copies of it [in addition to Hardcore UFOs]- but I gave away four as Christmas presents to try and convert people to GBV. 50% success rate.
As an introduction it is pretty flawless and I much prefer the track order on the separate CD.

Hardcore UFOs is a great box set.

I just bought the boxset, i bought the seperate one for my sister though. The seperate one is better layed out alrite but i mostly listen to demons and painkillers. I love 7 strokes from heavans edge and still worth nothing from the unreleased stuff.

Just noticed this thread... its a really good idea!

Anyhoo - I'd like to contribute to it so this is my compilation with first 3 up for grabs :

Its Called - 'Wilma's Rainbow of Songs' (yes, im a helmet fan..) It's the kind of cd you'd listen to while having a session in the flat or whatever before or after a night out.yep.

1. Helmet - Pure
2. Akarso - Limbless
3. Atombombpocketknife - Slow gotten gone
4. Billy Mahonie - Watching people speaking when you dont know what they're saying...
5. Brass Knuckles for Tough Guys - Winter 200mph.
6. Euphone - Press On
7. Jawbox - 68
8. Thingy - Mayday
9. Check Engine - I'll see you in two and two
10. Kaderfire - Chemical Ring (hopefully, it should fit in well)
11. Drive like Jehu - New Math
12. Refused - Track 3 (shape of punk to come)
13. Sweep The Leg Johnny - Only in a Rerun

That should keep it sweet, next time i'l do a more chilled out one..cheers.kev

www.kaderfire.tk [email protected]

i'm being rocked by rape as we speak. got those cookie. cheeers. initial impressions are that you are definitely management material.

just had a scan on this thread for the tracklisting of the 2nd compilation. i'm deeply hampered by a shitty laptop screen - can you post it here if you havent already or PM it to me. i feel like helen keller when i listen to a compilation without a tracklisting.

got yours aswell buck. thankee kindly. havent had a chance to listen to them as yet. but i'm unemployed - i'll find time somehow :) hows your wrist?

cookiemonster said:
Title : Avoiding Work Vol. 1
Author : Cookiemonster
Tracklisting :

the evolution control committee - rocked by rape

PM me if you want a copy.

Donkey OJ said:
i'm being rocked by rape as we speak. got those cookie. cheeers. initial impressions are that you are definitely management material.
Have you got my tape yet.sent it ages ago

Donkey OJ said:
boss_new.gif

glad you like it though :)

Donkey OJ said:
just had a scan on this thread for the tracklisting of the 2nd compilation. i'm deeply hampered by a shitty laptop screen - can you post it here if you havent already or PM it to me. i feel like helen keller when i listen to a compilation without a tracklisting.
volume 0.5 tracklisting

1) the go! team - the power is on
2) the vaselines - son of a gun
3) seefeel - time to find me (afx fast mix)
4) cocteau twins - iceblink luck
5) the stooges - death trip
6) dead kennedys - when ya get drafted
7) the nation of ulysses - the hickey underworld
8) susumu yokota - hisen
9) global goon - funkydrunk
10) charles webster - ready (herbert remix)
11) electrelane - on parade
12) matmos - lipostudio...and so on
13) four tet - as serious as your life (live in copenhagen)

volume 1 tracklisting

1) the evolution control committee - rocked by rape
2) hrvatski - vatstep dsp
3) red snapper - 3 strikes and you're out
4) mclusky - gareth brown says
5) dead kennedys - chemical warfare
6) b. fleischmann - sleep
7) electric company - siamang
8) mary margaret o'hara - body's in trouble
9) clouddead - danger will robinson danger
10) eddie bo - hook 'n' sling
11) the bobs - disco inferno
12) rollerskate skinny - speed to my side
13) talking heads - born under punches (the heat goes on)
14) luke vibert - freaktimebaby
15) neu! - hallo gallo

Stacy's comp has been warming my ears since I got it, thanks stacy! Some nice tracks on there, there's one in the middle though that sounds a bit like Tia Carrere's band out of wayne's world, not so sure about that one...

Bar that, some fantastiche tuneage!

Im currently paying my goblins slaves overtime to find me suitably brain-gnawing music to feature on my up-coming comp. Keep your noses peeled, and smell this space regularily for the impending day of doom. Kyar ka kaar kaaaar!

Just got a copy of Buck's GBV compilation in the post this morning .. thanks a lot! .... looking forward to giving it a spin when I get home .....

This means I have to make one now doesn't it?

I'm thinking of doing one of noisy japanese guitar stuff like Mainliner/High Rise and so on ........ anyone interested in this? Just so I know before I start making it ....

Wavioli said:
there's one in the middle though that sounds a bit like Tia Carrere's band out of wayne's world, not so sure about that one...

that was probably delta 5.. i put the wrong version of the song on the cd. the 7" of anticipation is amazing. then they camped it up with the worst production ever for their album!

sorry for the let down :rolleyes:

seeing as i got 3 cd's and a tape in the door this morning and have i think another three on the way to me i felt it was my duty to make another comp. so here is:

Sleeping/Reading

01. yo la tengo - beach party tonight
02. the bad plus - flim (aphex twin cover)
03. susumu yokota - i am flying
04. aphex twin - avril 14th
05. harmonia - ahoi!
06. loose fur - chinese apple
07. m. ward - undertaker
08. iron and wine - waitin for a superman (flaming lips cover)
09. slowly minute - (names in japanese, cant paste it in)
10. tristeza - golden hill
11. jonathan richman - sleepwalk
12. animal collective - visiting friends
13. miles davis - in a silent way/it's about that time

usual deal.
cheers.

hermie said:
Have you got my tape yet.sent it ages ago
got that yesterday hermie and i really like it. doesnt get as much airtime as the cd comps tho cos i dont got a tape player in my car or my bedroom. it has got me sniffing around my old cassette drawer tho. i'd forgotten i had a collection of cassettes.
just want to say thanks aswell to everyone who has built and posted compilations. hope its worth the effort. i know it has been for me. i've submitted 2 comps and posted about 9 or 10 cds. and to date i've gotten 8 really good compilations. now *thats* what i call music.

nlgbbbblth said:
arrived today!

thanks cookiemonster; good stuff
at the risk of this becoming the reacharound club... been listening to your comp nlgbbbbblth and theres some really good tracks on there. you got anymore CiM? Also The Fall - where to start? I have a really old video of them performing songs like Edinburgh Man and Been a Lotta Wind Now (uh) on an MTV session and they rock too. Just never followed them up for some reason. Is there a recommended starting point for a band with such an extensive back catalogue? That Moulty song freaks five shades of fuck out of me. But I like it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back