Thumped Compilation Club (1 Viewer)

since i dont have a cd burner, am I out of the loop on this one or do some of ye sentimental folks still listen to cassattes?coz i'd be well up for some of this action.

obviously theres a reduction in qulality with photocopied cassettes so cds are preferable. but if you want to add a cassette compilation to the list ......bang away. post a tracklisting and you should get a few nice cd compilations back for your efforts. i've yet to pick up my post but i'm reliably informed there's some compilation presents waiting for me. .|..|

ratmonkey said:
You could always set up another gmail account, let everyone know the password and and just mail stuff to that.

great idea for people who dont want to get involved in burning/posting cds.
i'm still gonna burn and post tho despite the fact that my beloved franking machine and stationery cupboard have been taken away from me.

i think i'll just make one tonight and see if anyones interested.making them is the most fun part.well, getting them is pretty cool aswell.great idea.dont the ballroom guys do something like this round christmas?really warms the cockles of your heart, particularly if you know the person who you're making the comp for and choose songs accordingly. That's how my girlfriend fell for me apparently. How else can nerds be romantic?

ok heres the tracklist for my tape if anyone wants it.i must remind ye that it is a tape, so no whinging later on.i know this is kind of cheating but i wanted to get involved and keep this going.:

q and not u - 'wonderful people'
the dismemberment plan-'spider in the snow'
les savy fav-'hide me from next febuary'
gang of four-'damaged goods'
modest mouse-'lounge(closing time)'
june of 44-'lusitania'
don caballero-'puddin in my eye'
bambi-'supertease'
the redneck manifesto-'i have not make it'
the owls-'holy fuckin ghost'

Side 2

van morrison-'fair play'
the coldspoon conspiracy-'best not argue'
the microphones-'sand'
nina nastasia-'stormy weather'
all-time quaterback-'rules broken'
squarepusher-'iambic 5 poetry'
bjork-'unravel'
smart went crazy-'now we're even'
joan of arse-'you'll always find me in the toilet at parties'
rachel's-'handwriting'

looks good hermie. can i take this opportunity to ask anyone who has promised a compilation to try and get it out to the promissee before they forget. the logistics of posting out 3 or 4 cds can be a pain in the arse but its worth the effort when someone tells you that *your* compilation changed their life.....
i posted 1 today and it cost me a meagre 46c. i even used a recycled padded envelope.
this thing can be a great means to swap great music but it is hugely dependent on people honouring promises to distribute their compilations. k. sermon over. i got my first one yesterday compliments of spady. rockin is the only word for it. cheers spady. now that i have a bit of time on my hands, i'll get busy with the fizzy and post another tracklisting soon.

buh.. i'd like to get in on this, it seems like a really cool idea, i just have a suspicion that very little of my musical taste overlaps with that of most people on here.. i wouldn't like to think of some unfortunate thumpee gazing at a CD of generic hardcore in an unhappy manner.
buh maybe i will anyway.

Donkey OJ said:
looks good hermie. can i take this opportunity to ask anyone who has promised a compilation to try and get it out to the promissee before they forget. the logistics of posting out 3 or 4 cds can be a pain in the arse but its worth the effort when someone tells you that *your* compilation changed their life.....
i posted 1 today and it cost me a meagre 46c. i even used a recycled padded envelope.
this thing can be a great means to swap great music but it is hugely dependent on people honouring promises to distribute their compilations. k. sermon over. i got my first one yesterday compliments of spady. rockin is the only word for it. cheers spady. now that i have a bit of time on my hands, i'll get busy with the fizzy and post another tracklisting soon.
I posted mine between yesterday and today
so they should arrive soon enough

Super Dexta said:
buh.. i'd like to get in on this, it seems like a really cool idea, i just have a suspicion that very little of my musical taste overlaps with that of most people on here.. i wouldn't like to think of some unfortunate thumpee gazing at a CD of generic hardcore in an unhappy manner.
buh maybe i will anyway.
the more the merrier dexta. the more people who post a selection of whatever genre, the bigger and more interesting the pool of music. which is good. think of it as all the religions of the world throwing their respective texts into a centralised mail order system. one day you'll be listening to the bible, the next it'll be the baghavad-gita. and without the nagging worry of beheading or excommunication if you cant get into it. post the tracklisting and whoever wants it can take you up on it.

i should have three copies of this ready to post tomorrow! first over the line wins..

aron !ninjaaaa

plastic compilation two ‘energy’

01.xiu xiu ‘ceremony
02.the homosexuals ‘neutron lover’
03.crack: w.a.r. ‘sparrow hawtman’
04.q and not u ‘x-polynation’
05.sexy prison ‘vladivostok’
06.anna oxygen ‘ponytails’
07.erase errata ‘owls’
08.gossip ‘jason’s basment’
09.the mae shi ‘vampire beats’
10.this heat ‘twilight furniture’
11.the red light sting ‘rear entry to the boom boom room’
12.delta 5 ‘anticipation’
13.sick lipstick ‘thigh master, i’m your master’
14.numbers ‘disease’
15.the raincoats ‘no side to fall in’
16.death from above ‘dead womb’
17.the chinese stars ‘cheap city halo’
18.the double ‘black diamond’
19.wolf eyes ‘my recipe is lust’
20.pere ubu ‘codex’

PM me if you want a copy...

1) the go! team - the power is on
2) the vaselines - son of a gun
3) seefeel - time to find me (afx fast mix)
4) cocteau twins - iceblink luck
5) the stooges - death trip
6) dead kennedys - when ya get drafted
7) the nation of ulysses - the hickey underworld
8) susumu yokota - hisen
9) global goon - funkydrunk
10) charles webster - ready (herbert remix)
11) electrelane - on parade
12) matmos - lipostudio...and so on
13) four tet - as serious as your life (live in copenhagen)

Stacy said:
14.numbers ‘disease’
anyone know where i can get anything by numbers? i have a 12" on order in road but i couldn't find anything else anywhere. anyone want to copy me some? i'm not in the club, i'm just asking nicely.

tom. said:
anyone know where i can get anything by numbers? i have a 12" on order in road but i couldn't find anything else anywhere. anyone want to copy me some? i'm not in the club, i'm just asking nicely.

city discs had most of their stuff in stock a while ago i think.. they even had some on vinyl.

last cd gone to wavoli!

tom. said:
ugh, the only time ive heard them is on a tigerbeat 6 sampler that I lost. maybe u can order something from them? dunno though. warpmart might have tigerbeat on it now.

here you go

painting%20by%20numbers%20paardensport.gif

Wavioli said:
ugh, the only time ive heard them is on a tigerbeat 6 sampler that I lost. maybe u can order something from them? dunno though. warpmart might have tigerbeat on it now.
yeah, i think they had stuff on troubleman unlimited, too; pretty hard to track down.

(having said that, i got an erase errata remix 12" in murder city a while ago on troubleman unlimited, but i think it was just a kind of one-off, they didn't have any numbers stuff either.)

off to warpmart with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back