The World Cup!! (2 Viewers)

It's funny how the Australians played in exactly the way I would have thought a team of Australians would play. Ditto for the Japanese.

seanc said:
Ditto for the Japanese.

attacked quick and fired the opening slavo then defended deep for long periods in their own territory before finally succumbing to the inevitable onslaught of the Allies?

Be the Hokey said:
attacked quick and fired the opening slavo then defended deep for long periods in their own territory before finally succumbing to the inevitable onslaught of the Allies?
heh, and their opening salvo wasn't exactly "fair" was it.
for a country of gadgets they had no "product"

right that's is, i'm off to the bbc.

fuckin super game. de rossi totally fouled in the box and that shoulda been a peno.

great performance from italy. very slick and some nice play - a bit shaky up front though, but I reckon they just need to get into a groove. some movements obviously straight from training. I like the look of the Totti free kicks and Pirlo is kickin ass!

but really, why the fuck werent they passing to Toni? he was amazing on the ball - and in space when perrotta, gilardino etc. were taking pop shots at dodgy angles. give him the fucking ball!!! I have money on him for fuck sake!

kufour was at that 'curl up like a hedgehog' defensive ploy again.

Sam_Kufuor_2.jpg

Ghana vs. Italy was a pretty good game. Both teams played quite well at times. The choice of Perrotta over Cameronesi was justified and Pirlo wasn't as anonymous as I thought he might be against Appiah and Essien. But De Rossi was really disappointing; Essien dominated the midfield in the second half. I think Iaquinta will start with Toni in the next match, Gilardino has failed to recapture his form from his Under 21 days. Italy will be screwed when Nesta retires, he is just class. Also Gattuso will return to the midfield and hopefully Zambrotta at right back too.
The Czech's looked really good and the second goal was lovely. I felt sorry for the US for a moment until the american guy in the bar where I saw the game started yelling that Reyna's shot off the post (which he referred to as "off the pole") should be worth two goals because it's harder to hit the "pole". (sic) Ah yes.

poor ghana. too much too young perhaps? they just hadn't the tricks up front and were all over the place at the back. that kinda cudly african naiveity is so nineteen seventies. still, they may get it right for next time, assuming egypt, sarf africa, cameroon and nigera are as generous in the qualification. angola were pants the other night and i can't wait for togo.

where is the next finals?

Ghana played a pretty decent posession game last night until they got tired. About 60 mins into the game I was thinking to myself how fit both Ghana and Ivory coast had looked.

Cameronesi looked good when he came on and Italy looked very sharp and organised. Interesting that they are the only nation, apart from saudi arabia, to have all they players playing in their home country. It's interesting to contrast their cohesion with england's - pretty impressive for an international side.

Over all, I have really enjoyed the world cup so far. Games are flowing well and no penalties yet (I think?). It's strange that after the upsets of the last world cup and euro championship that the games are going more or less to plan, with the possible exception of ecuador's victory. It looks like all of the fancied teams will make it through to round two, although it will get interesting when the suspensions and injuries kick in.

Brazil were useless tonight. Of the main 4 only Kaka looked good and he even he only produced a couple of good moments, at the same time Ronaldihno looked like he was going to accelerate into loads of space on a few occasions. If that's the standard that they'll play to for the rest of the tournament they won't win it. Ronaldo was crap, I'd drop him for the next game and move Ronaldihno inside to play off Adriano who just isn't capable of dropping off, he needs to lead the line and either bring in Robihno or play Junihno in midfield and push up Za Roberto.

At the same time the Croats played very, very well; created more chances than Brazil and did enough to get a point at least.

brazil have to stop letting the sponsers pick the team. roberto carlos and ronaldo are past it. so's emerson for that matter. i think gilberto silva should have played. they miss edmilson, cos juan can't use the ball. even cris of lyon would be a better bet. and i'm suprised juninho didn't get on the pitch. ze roberto would work better on the wing i think. no serginho or mancini in th e squad. or belletti. i think the weakness is at the back. dida can let his mind wander as well. they need to score more goals than the opposition to win, john. so them famous boys up front better cop on or they'll be going home.

anyway, the argentine will beat them in the semi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back