The World Cup!! (1 Viewer)

Rooney says he is '300% sure of making it.' Jesus Christ. I'd like to know who first coined the phrase ' giving it 110%'. That soon changed to 120%, now people are giving 300%. Madness. Maybe it's the fault of those Dynamite dub compilation people.

Anyway, back to work. Today I am giving it 423%.

Wheels said:
Rooney says he is '300% sure of making it.' Jesus Christ. I'd like to know who first coined the phrase ' giving it 110%'. That soon changed to 120%, now people are giving 300%. Madness. Maybe it's the fault of those Dynamite dub compilation people.

Anyway, back to work. Today I am giving it 423%.
you never are

Yeah, shit performance. Only looked threatening when they went two behind. Bummer for all those polish bandwagon jumpers over here. Their golabki looks cooked.

Just listening to the Guardian World Cup podcast. There is a report of England fans outside an Irish pub in the Frankfurt city centre chanting "No surrender to the IRA", "Two world wars and one world cup" and performing Nazi salutes. Ah yes it must be the World Cup again. I'm sorry for decent England fans but I always hope the England team crash and burn and that the racist shitbag fans have to go home early.

Johnnyc said:
Fair play to Trinidad and Tobago! Great game.

.|..| Yeah excellent stuff, particularly with a them being a man down for the whole second half, they really needed to scrap it out. You can't help but be delighted for them.. wonder if they'll have anything left in the tank now for the England game. It'd surely mean a lot to them with most of them playing for British clubs.

Hector Grey said:
argentina. in fairness, i was as suprised as anyone.
You might just have something Hec, they've looked the most lively up front so far.

England were shocking today, thank the lord for Tinidad and Tobago.

It will be interesting if England don't beat Trinidad/Tobago and end up needing a win against Sweden - who should theoretically be their toughest opposition in the group....chances?

Let's all do a Uri Gellar and create a forcefield around the Trinidad & Tobago goal for the England game.

England were woeful. At half time the Beeb boys were saying they were majestic. What game were they watching? RTE lads were right on the money.

After all the hype they were just as rubbish as every other england team; can't dictate a game, can't hold onto the ball. Every england team has goals in them, this one is no different, but the pattern of the match is always dictated by the opposition.

It must be a cultural thing; like Italy shutting up shop when there's no need. It's the quarters for sven's boys at a push. Downing? Hargreaves? ffs.

What the fuck happened to Drogba? He actually looked like a player you might consider parting with £24million for.

Well, not quite but it's the best I've ever seen him play. I was very impressed with the Ivory Coast. They're like an Arsene Wenger wet dream, a bunch of fleet footed 6 foot plus guys with that are reasonably skillful.

Richie said:
.|..| Yeah excellent stuff, particularly with a them being a man down for the whole second half, they really needed to scrap it out. You can't help but be delighted for them.. wonder if they'll have anything left in the tank now for the England game. It'd surely mean a lot to them with most of them playing for British clubs.

I thought Swedan were really good today as well. It was just heroics from the T&T players. I still fancy the Swedes to give the English a beating.

i want a t&t jersey for my birthday!
quasi, your scenario would depend on sweden beating paraguay, which is not likely if they play like that. i don;t think they played well for the simple reason that they couldn't score after 25 chances.

and the ivorians are more than 'reasonably' skillful. jaysus, they're one fit team.

and the comment in the Guardian? 'England Lacked Rooney Magic' Fuck sake, get em on so we don;t have to hear the excuses already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back