The wonderful Laser video shop is closing (1 Viewer)

YoungHearts

Contributor
Website
www.youngheartsrunfree.ie
Hello Thumped,
am not sure if this might have been noted elsewhere on here, and I am a rare poster, but I just found this out - and I must admit to being extremely saddened, and compelled to write. Like so many amazing things that have gone, (or under threat) they are part of the tapestry of this city. I went in to rent something today, (as I do regularly) and found out that they are closing in the next few weeks. I am not someone who watches films or television online, and Laser has always been reliably there.

I know that things like this are happening ever more regularly, depressingly so, I just wanted to note it, somehow.

But not for little ladies like me! I feel like I am being phased out too! I know things are changing, or already changed, but I haven't, and I am hoping somehow one day, they'll come back, in some way. I know that it might seem like a pipe dream, but I'll have to hope. While there is still breath in my body!

But not for little ladies like me! I feel like I am being phased out too! I know things are changing, or already changed, but I haven't, and I am hoping somehow one day, they'll come back, in some way. I know that it might seem like a pipe dream, but I'll have to hope. While there is still breath in my body!

Maybe it's best to think of it as an experience that you were lucky to have :)

Did they not close a couple of years ago? The one just off Exchequer St. is something else and the one in Ranelagh is gone ages.

I see DVDs for €1 or €2 in charity shops and contemplate buyin them then realise I can just get them gratis on stealovision. It's terrible but that's the way things are these days.

I see DVDs for €1 or €2 in charity shops and contemplate buyin them then realise I can just get them gratis on stealovision. It's terrible but that's the way things are these days.

I buy them all the time for the kids,handy for the portable dvd player in the car or when it's pissing with rain and they both want to watch something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back