The Wire - Season 4 on DVD in December (1 Viewer)

No idea, you'd think they'd have rushed out the DVD after it finished to limit the damage from the leaked DVD rips online.. It's not like they have 5 discs of bonuses and extras to produce either!!

Amazing Wire fact I just discovered last night: in the last episode of the 4th series, a certain reformed gangster is in hospital for a gunshot wound to the leg. He's watchin telly and who's on it but Al Swearingen (Deadwood), and the shot pans out to the reformed gangster chuckling 'he said cocksucker'.

AMAZING.

What wasn't amazing was the fact that the last minute and a half of the show was missing from the torrent I downloaded.

Me and the girlfriend just finished season 4 on Monday. We started on season 1 back in June. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a whole series as much. The focus of Season 5 sounds deadly. I spent a good chunk of my workday yesterday reading about it on Wikipedia :)

The Wire is one of the few shows to outgrow its initial premise without jumping the shark. I thought the Hamsterdam arc was a bit laboured but when the focus shifted to the schools system they really pulled it out of the hat.

Me and the girlfriend just finished season 4 on Monday. We started on season 1 back in June. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a whole series as much. The focus of Season 5 sounds deadly. I spent a good chunk of my workday yesterday reading about it on Wikipedia :)
I've not seen season 4 yet. myself and the g/f have withdrawl symptoms. where you guys getting to see these, online? Is it free?

Season 4 started on TG4 last night!
Anyone catch it?

Taped it. It was on well past my bedtime. Can't wait to watch it tonight. Hooray for TG4 .... but could they not put it on at a decent time?

I know! Wish to god they would. Was it one or two episodes? They've 2 episodes on next week, same time. Have to try getting my vcr back in action!

heh; ah i know. mine is so old it'll probably just die. Mind you, I've just pre-ordered the DVD on Amazon. Release date March 10. Yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back