The Weekend Thread (4 Viewers)

was at coldwar gig earlier. tomorrow, might(finally) go looking for new couch(if i actually wakeup early enough).or else i'll spend all day on computer/listening to cd's/ watchin telly

xsteox said:
was at coldwar gig earlier. tomorrow, might(finally) go looking for new couch(if i actually wakeup early enough).or else i'll spend all day on computer/listening to cd's/ watchin telly

Were the first band on at that gig any good?

My weekend will consist of furniture shopping, then getting blathered tonight.

Oh, and suffering a huge hangover tomorrow.

therecklessone said:
My weekend will consist of furniture shopping, then getting blathered tonight.

if you threw a look around topshop into that, that would be my perfect weekend.

I just got my exam resullts so Im going to cook up some crack to celebrate and then Im heading to mass on Sunday.
Should be savage

I spent today in an archive, reading people's mail. I found something that was both hilarious and disheartening at the same time. I like reading people's mail, but you people come from a country so corrupt it's like being in a movie.

Tonight I get to start working on a publication that was due at the beginning of the month, and I will try not to cry about being nearly 30, and having wasted my 20s, having chosen a career in academia, which is never, ever going to lead to gainful employment. I have been in college since -- wait for it -- 1994, and I am still an utter moron.

It's gonna be wicked fun. Trying to complete academic writing when in a state of total cynicism and disillusionment about the value of knowledge is so totally awesome, I can hardly explain it.

I do get to go to a barbecue on Sunday, though, with some people I don't spend enough time with.

jane said:
I spent today in an archive, reading people's mail. I found something that was both hilarious and disheartening at the same time. I like reading people's mail, but you people come from a country so corrupt it's like being in a movie.

Tonight I get to start working on a publication that was due at the beginning of the month, and I will try not to cry about being nearly 30, and having wasted my 20s, having chosen a career in academia, which is never, ever going to lead to gainful employment. I have been in college since -- wait for it -- 1994, and I am still an utter moron.

It's gonna be wicked fun. Trying to complete academic writing when in a state of total cynicism and disillusionment about the value of knowledge is so totally awesome, I can hardly explain it.

I do get to go to a barbecue on Sunday, though, with some people I don't spend enough time with.
Are you Brendan Keneally? :)

I spent 12 hours in work today (14 hours if you include commuting) and now i am completely fucking shattered and at home, connected into my work PC, configuring a new mailserver.

hurrah for friday nights

Napalm said:
Are you Brendan Keneally? :)

Grumble.

At least he is gainfully employed.

Or wait, are you saying that my cynicism could be my road to success!?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The road to my golden palace of chocolate ice cream is paved with futility, pessimism, dejection, and, perhaps a few bricks of inanity. Behold your foibles, quivering masses!

Ugh. I've still gotten no work done. Ended up on the phone for ages instead, and answered a (small) backlog of emails.

well now

the wife just came running into the house shouting at me - turns out i've been sitting here for some time with the gas hob thing turned on and didn't notice the smell...

dudley said:
i saw some lads excavating in prague the other day. looked deadly, so it did

Ooooh, what kind of site was it? Where? What did they have? Ooooooh! Prague was a latecomer to the Hanseatic League in the late middle ages. That'd be a great place to dig things up. Be full of merchant detritus and pretty things, which I like because I am cheap and shallow. I especially like pretty things if they are pottery. For some reason. It's a recent fetish. Sometimes I am ashamed.

jane said:
Ooooh, what kind of site was it? Where? What did they have? Ooooooh! Prague was a latecomer to the Hanseatic League in the late middle ages. That'd be a great place to dig things up. Be full of merchant detritus and pretty things, which I like because I am cheap and shallow. I especially like pretty things if they are pottery. For some reason. It's a recent fetish. Sometimes I am ashamed.
I can't wait till somebody unearths Thumped.com ( General ) in about 2050 odd, what will we look like? ( insert photo's of Kirstie here ) sorry chicken...

Napalm said:
I can't wait till somebody unearths Thumped.com ( General ) in about 2050 odd, what will we look like? ( insert photo's of Kirstie here ) sorry chicken...

My predictions:

* Some poor sap will end up cataloguing and bagging at least 2 metric tons of ac_joker
* A postgraduate will write a PhD thesis entitled, "The Cute and the Crass: Dynamic Iconographies of Baby Ducks and Cussing on the Early 21st Century Internet".
* Another cunt will write something like "(Re)Evacuations: Perceptions of Bodily Functions on Thumped.com."
* And some loser would come up with: "Thumped is for Pricks These Days: Why 21st Century Internerds Just Couldn't Stop Talking About Cats, Food and Fucking."

By the way, in 2050, I will look hot. I plan to be a late bloomer.

em, there were lads diggin is all i know. looked like larks

diggin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back