The Trad Thread (1 Viewer)

little help here

heard what im pretty sure was a mairtin o connor album a few weeks ago and am trying to track it down. my knowledge of trad music is pretty much zero so excuse the broad vagueness. just himself hammering away on what sounded like a nicely battered concertina. not accordian(im almost certain)

anyone throw a few possible album titles out there?

sound

My bird's boss is opening an Irish pub in Bangkok. She asked me to get some "Irish music" for the pub. I've got Planxty, De Dannan, Luke Kelly and The Dubliners. Any other suggestions? (Definitely not The Wolfe Tones.)

My bird's boss is opening an Irish pub in Bangkok. She asked me to get some "Irish music" for the pub. I've got Planxty, De Dannan, Luke Kelly and The Dubliners. Any other suggestions? (Definitely not The Wolfe Tones.)

hayes/cahill stuff never fails

and begly and jim murray's last two albums have been magnificent

mike mcgoldrick's Fused album is a corker too

On RTE1 tonight (7.30) there's a show celebrating the founding of the folklore commission featuring the work of Seamus Ennis.

Stumbled across a clip of my bro playing on the Pure Drop 20 years ago. Cool sweater.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Who here plays trad/folk? I can play a couple of tunes on accordion and can sing a bit. It would be a laugh to meet up for a session sometime. Thumped Trad Bowsie Federation. :)

Just listening back to some of Donal Dineen's shows from the past week here, http://smallhours.fm/

29th of November show has some great live in-studio trad and chat (aswell as some great cian nugent and band in first hour. as well as some lisa o neill)

liam o maonlaí, some dude called cormac begley and other musicians (concertina and pipe players). sounding top notch. worth a listen

Just wanted to point out that I liked trad before NiallerNein did.

Wow 2008! That's FOUR years ago people!

With a mic like that you know she's trying to tell you something
dance-to-tipperary-outta-my-head-401995.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back