The Trad Thread (1 Viewer)

TG4 are showing some of the closing night of this years Temple Bar Trad Festival at 10.20 tonight featuring Tommy & Siobhan Peoples, Jackie Daly + Mozaik.

The new Hayes/Cahill album is indeed deadly.

Current listening - Kevin Burke & Micheal O'Domhnaill, Promenade and Portland. Another really good fiddle/guitar duo.

Also got that Tommy Potts album The Liffey Banks, which is a little rough around the edges but still quality. Subsequently found out that a good mate of mine is his grandson. Apparently he was a a perfectionist, didn't enjoy recording, did a bit of a Scratch Perry and burnt loads of his old recordings before he passed on. My mate is convinced there's a few tapes of him in his folks gaff so he's trying to dig them out.

one more thing...Christy Moore is playing Whelans on April 7th. On sale at tickets.ie or WAV box office

sold out.....unsurprisingly.

I bought one too, though I've really gone off him this past 5/6 years since he turned all moany and whingey. Its more that hes playing in such a small venue that interests me this time. If they upgrade the venue I'll be selling up, thats for sure.

what about dervish, are they keeping a low profile:)

a friend of mine supported them 2 or 3 years ago, and told me that their soundcheck was amazing. everyone of them had exact requests from the engineer and almost like The Terminator, they just kept going till they got them. all done in about and hour and a half. phew

Mozaik - Andy Irvine, Donal Lunny et al - are playing some gigs around the country in the next few weeks.

Fri. 11 April Seamus Ennis Centre, Naul
Doors 7.30pm On stage 8.30pm
Adm. €25

Sat. 12 April Draiocht Arts Centre, Blanchardstown
Adm. €22.50/20

Sun. 13 April Riverbank Arts Centre, Newbridge
Adm. €25

Mon. 14 April Solstice Arts Centre, Navan

Tues. 15 April The Thatch. Rahan, Co. Offaly
Adm. €25

Wed. 16 April Balor Theatre, Ballybofey

Thurs. 17 April Barry’s, Grange, Co. Sligo
Adm. €20

Fri. 18 April The Granary, Killarney,
Adm. €20

Sat. 19 April Belltable Arts Centre, Limerick

Kevin Burke & Cal Scott - Whelan's, July 6th

The new Hayes/Cahill album is indeed deadly.

Current listening - Kevin Burke & Micheal O'Domhnaill, Promenade and Portland. Another really good fiddle/guitar duo.

Also got that Tommy Potts album The Liffey Banks, which is a little rough around the edges but still quality. Subsequently found out that a good mate of mine is his grandson. Apparently he was a a perfectionist, didn't enjoy recording, did a bit of a Scratch Perry and burnt loads of his old recordings before he passed on. My mate is convinced there's a few tapes of him in his folks gaff so he's trying to dig them out.

Nice one. Saw Kevin Burke before with Jed Foley and it was deadly.

He's playing with Patrick Street at the end of May in Cork too.

sold out.....unsurprisingly.

I bought one too, though I've really gone off him this past 5/6 years since he turned all moany and whingey. Its more that hes playing in such a small venue that interests me this time. If they upgrade the venue I'll be selling up, thats for sure.

how was it? i couldn't go in the end.

Caught Mozaik in Limerick on Saturday. Great stuff - eastern european, alpalacian, irish tunage and songs mixed in big melting pot. All five dudes were amazing musicians.

Martin Hayes and Dennis Cahill are playing dates around the country in the summer:

[SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2]May 29, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Thur: Ennis, Co. Clare: Glor 065 684 3103 www.glor.ie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]May 30, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Fri: Portlaoise, Co. Laoise: Dunmaise 057 866 3355 www.dunmaise.ie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]May 31, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Sat: Cashel, Co. Tipperary: Bru Boru 062 61122[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]June 1, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Sun: Cobh, Co. Cork: Maritime Song Festival 021 481 3790 [/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]
[SIZE=-2]www.cobhmaritimesongfestival.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]June 4, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Wed: Birr, Co. Offaly: Birr Theatre 057 9122911 www.birrtheatre.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]June 5, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Thur: Roscommon: Roscommon Arts Centre 090 662 5824 www.roscommonartscentre.ie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]June 6, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Fri: Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim: The Glens 071 985 5833[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]June 7, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Sat: Galway City: Townhall Theatre 091 569 777 www.townhalltheatregalway.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]June 10, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Tue: Derry City: The Playhouse 028 7126 827 www.derryplayhouse.co.uk[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]June 11, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Wed: Belfast: The Black Box 028 90246609 www.movingonmusic.co.uk[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]June 12, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Thur: Dublin: The National Concert Hall 01 417 0000 www.nch.ie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]July 3, [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Thur: Limerick: Blás, St. Mary's Cathedral www.blas.ie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]August 6-12: Feakle, Co. Clare: [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Feakle Festival. www.feaklefestival.ie[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Caught Mozaik in Limerick on Saturday. Great stuff - eastern european, alpalacian, irish tunage and songs mixed in big melting pot. All five dudes were amazing musicians.

Martin Hayes and Dennis Cahill are playing dates around the country in the summer:

i forgot that Hayes & Cahill were playing. must check them out. I've only heard their Live in Seattle album once but it sounded great.

saw Mozaik in Blanchardstown. as always i loved it.

Hayes and Cahill are the business. Not to be missed.

Re Mozaik: That dude Parov is a real whiz. Molsky's old-timey stuff is really on the money too. Great mix of stuff going on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back