The Trad Thread (2 Viewers)

Are Scullion any good? Playing a few gigs in the summer. Saw Sonny Condell solo and few years ago and he was grand.

havent heard of 99% any of theese acts. Heres my contribution

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone know much about Scots or other "Celtic" music? I've really got into Alasdair Roberts, The Battlefield Band and Carlos Nunez of late but wondering if anyone has any other recommendations along those lines. I heard a cd a number of years ago, it mixed North African music with Irish trad. It was fuckin ace. The band's name began with a, anyone know who I'm on about.

Anyone know much about Scots or other "Celtic" music? I've really got into Alasdair Roberts, The Battlefield Band and Carlos Nunez of late but wondering if anyone has any other recommendations along those lines. I heard a cd a number of years ago, it mixed North African music with Irish trad. It was fuckin ace. The band's name began with a, anyone know who I'm on about.

afro celt sound system !ninjaaaa

The new Hayes and Cahill album is great, very well produced. Live in Seattle
Paddy keenan and paddy glackin-Dooblin, great piping and fiddle album. Martin o connor, Saeamie o' dowd and Cathal haydens album-crossroads is good fun, pretty lively. Get as much Frank harte stuff as you can. Fantastic collector of songs and total Andy Irvine vibes. Tommy Keane/Jacqueline McCarthys album is fantastic-Concertina and pipes. Sean keanes album Gustys Frolics is one of the greatest fiddle albums ever made. Slide and teada are worth a listen. caoimhin o raghallaigh is deadly

Anyone know much about Scots or other "Celtic" music?
there's a series called scottish tradition on a label called greentrax that looks great ... http://www.musicscotland.com/cd/greentrax-scottish-tradition-series.html

i only have these two ...

41APN3FK8AL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

vol 3: waulking songs from barra

41BHYNRMS0L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

vol 6: gaelic psalms from lewis

both are incredible. couldn't recommend them enough. must pick up some more from the series at some stage

I forgot Billy Connolly started out as a folk singer. This is a nice song he wrote himself.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

boys of the lough. excellent. first couple of albums on Trailer/Leader

Anyone know much about Scots or other "Celtic" music?

tried any bagpipe music?i picked up a couple of compilations a while back and they're excellent.was gonna pick up some breton cd's,seems like it should have a celtic sound to it so ill let you know if they're any use.

general question-does american folk qualify as trad for the purposes of this thread or is it strictly "trad trad?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back